Chapter 11

She blocks the kick with her arms criss-crossing in front of her face.  She blocks multiple kicks then kicks her opponent down by kicking at there feet when they least expect it.  They quickly get up, she throws a few punches but they block them and finally grab her wrist and toss her.  Her bow and quiver fall beside her.  She picks up the bow and readies and arrow.  They turn around with the arrow head slightly cutting their nose.
        ''Dead,'' Cheyenne says smirking.  Natasha takes a step back.
        ''How did you?''
        ''I'm quicker than you, and that's all it takes,'' she lowers her bow and outs the arrow back in the quiver.  Natasha leaves the training area without saying anything else.  Cheyenne puts the quiver on her back and walks out as well.  Fury is walking towards her.  ''Not bad, but are you ready to go against Tony?" She nods though she isn't all that excited about going up against him in that suit.  "Good."

        Tony is up in the air trying to hit Cheyenne with the blasts that are coming out of the palms of the suit.  Cheyenne isn't doing much besides trying to avoid from being hit.  She is pretty sure that her arrows won't have much of an affect on him.  She tries looking around to find something to use against him.  There's nothing in the room good enough to use, nothing that would hurt him.  She sees a rope however and goes for it as tony is still trying to hit her.  She gets the rope and ties a knot in it and starts swinging it in the air. She throws it keeping a gentle grip on the rope as it goes through her hands.  The rope goes over tony and she quickly yanks the rope back and his arms are being held at his side from the rope.  She yanks it harder and he crashes on the ground.  She lets go of the rope and looks at him with relief that its over.  Tony lifts an arm up and hits her in the torso with the energy that comes out of his suit.  Cheyenne is propelled back and hits a wall pretty hard.  She stays there sitting on the ground with her arms around the center of where she was struck. 
        Tony gets up and slips out of the rope and walks over to her.  His footsteps are loud against the metal floor.  He reaches out to her and she takes his hand and he helps her up.  "Might be a good idea to get that checked," she's having a bit of a problem breathing since he knocked the wind out of her.
        Fury is out in the hall when they walkout.  ''Is everything alright?''
        ''Hit her a bit hard.  She seems to be having a bit of a problem breathing.''
        ''I'll . . . I'll be fine.  Just got the wind knocked out of me that's all,'' she stands up straight trying to breath normally.
        ''Take her to Dr. Banner to see what he has to say.''

        ''So you're the new girl?  Cheyenne right?'' she nods.  ''I'm Dr. Bruce Banner.  It doesn't really matter what you call me, some refer to me as,'' he pauses for a moment.  ''The Hulk.  Anyway, what seems to be the problem?''
        Cheyenne is sitting on a table in a lab where only her and Banner are in.  ''I was in the training area and Tony hit me a bit hard and I got the wind knocked out of me,'' he checks her eyes.  ''My torso hurt a bit from getting hit, but I'll live.  I already have two wounds from him hitting me before all this.''
        ''Well that sounds like fun,'' he takes off his glasses and fiddles with the arms of them.  ''Mind if I see where he hit you?  I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or anything.''
        ''Oh no, its fine,'' she unzips the jacket that she has on  and lifts up the white tank top that she has on under it, which has spots of blood on it.  Banner looks at the wound.  Its nothing serious  just a few cuts.  He can tell where she had gotten hit previously from seeing some older looking wounds.
        ''Well, its not serious, could bruise though.  How does your back feel after hitting it off the wall?''
        ''Still stings, I'm sure it'll bruise, but its nothing I can't handle,'' she slides her tank top back down and zippers her jacket back up.
        ''What about your head?  Any dizziness?  Lightheaded?  Nausea?  Anything that would lead to a concussion?''
        ''I don't think so.  I'll keep you posted if something happens though,'' Banner steps away from her and waves her down off the table.  She jumps off the table and fixes her jacket.
        ''Cheyenne?''
        ''Yes?'' she looks at him.
        ''Nice to have you as a part of the team.  I'm sure everyone will warm up to you eventually, don't worry.''
        ''Thanks, Dr. Banner, and thank you for checking me out, if I notice anything getting worse I'll come to you about it.''
        ''Its no big deal.  Now go and get some rest.  I'm sure Fury will have something planned for you for tomorrow.''
        ''Thanks again,'' Cheyenne walks out of the lab and down a few halls.  She barely knows where she's going.  She turns the corner to what seems to be the hallway where her room is and bumps into Clint.
        ''Sorry,'' the both of them say at the same time.
        ''Where are you headed?'' Clint asks her.
        ''Back to my room.  Is this the right way.  I really have no clue where I'm going.''
        ''Its actually one floor up.  Here I'll show you the way,'' he starts walking down the hall from where he just came from.  ''It can be confusing the first few days that you're here, okay, maybe even weeks.  Even I haven't been everyone on the Helicarrier yet so I still get lost at times,'' they go up a flight of steps and turn a few corners until they get into the right hall.  ''Here we go.''
        ''Thanks.  I would have never found it.''
        ''No problem,'' he follows her down to her room.
        ''Where were you heading off to?''
        ''Oh I was just roaming around.  I don't have anything to do.  How are you feeling?''
        ''I'm fine,'' the door to her room slides open.  ''scratched up a bit with a few bruises, but nothing that isn't normal.''
        ''It isn't normal, least not for you.  you never get caught remember.''
        ''I don't even know how to take him down.  There's nothing I can do to make that suit malfunction.  I don't see how Fury expected me to beat him.''
        ''He knew you weren't, but he just wants to know how well you can do, and that you just won't give up even when you know you can't beat your opponent.  Well you should get some sleep, who knows what we'll be doing tomorrow.''
        ''Night, Clint,'' she smiles at him.
        ''Cheyenne?''
        ''Yes?'' she turns back around to him and her lips met his.  She isn't sure how to react, but she lets him kiss her.  He feels her relax and puts his arms around her waist gently as she puts her hands on his shoulders.  The two slowly pull away from each other with their foreheads touching and both looking at each other smiling.