Chapter 3

"There's something about you this past few days." Winn said out of the blue while they were sitting in the library.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know... I'm thinking it's a new project you're working on, which I might say is so selfish of you to exclude me out. Or maybe... Hmm..." Winn staring intensely.

Lena frowns. "What?"

"Are you... No... Its ridiculous." waving his hands.

"Just say it."

"Okay... Dropping a big one here. Are you seeing anyone?"

Lena was caught off guard. She didn't know why, but a certain blue-eyed girl pops in her mind.

"You're absolutely right, that's ridiculous."

Winn laughs. "Yeah. Come to think of it, I guess I am." he shakes his head and brought back his attention to his laptop.

A few moments later, Lena felt a nudge on her side. Kara was now sitting beside her placing her bag on the table as she grins at Lena.

"Hey!" said the blonde girl in a high pitch.

"Mhmm. Hey. Kara. What are you doing here?" Lena was truly surprised at her sudden appearance.

"Well, I've been asking people around and they told me I can find you here. Which you are... here..."

"You were looking for me?"

"I am! Went around the campus. I've got this thing about quantum entanglement. I can't understand it, I tried but I really don't get it. So I'm thinking, who's the best person to ask about it. And I thought of the smartest person in this university which is you. So here I am, asking... No! Begging that if you're not busy, would you like to teach me about it?"

"Im...huh...I'm..." Lena doesn't even know what to say to Kara. But she felt a jolt of the joy of knowing that the blonde was searching for her.

"Please...." Kara placed her hand on top of Lena's own. She flinched from the sudden bolt of electricity rushing from her body with a simple touch from the other girl.

"ahem"

The sound of Winn's subtle clearing of a throat broke the tension in Lena's thought.

Lena slowly pulled her hand away. Thankful that the other girl didn't notice for now her attention was with her friend. "Kara, this is Winn."

"Hey... Hi!" the two shakes hands. "If you like.. I can teach you about it. And--ouch!" Winn suddenly yelp letting go of Kara's hand.

"Shhhhhh!" said the librarian.

"What happened?" the blonde girl asked.

Winn stared at Lena who was also surprised by her action. She just kicked her friend in his ankle and she immediately regretted her action. Why did she do that?

"Ahm nothing. An ant bit me... I think." giving Lena a malicious smirk.

"Oh okay..." Kara nods, then she turns towards Lena again. "So... Can you help me. Please?"

Lena stared at her, she couldn't help it. Kara was giving her a puppy dog eyes... and what else to do but submit.. so she nods her head.

Kara's eyes got huge and she was bouncing from her chair, launching herself to give Lena a quick hug.

It was unexpected, it was the first time anyone has done it to her. All she felt was warmth in a second and she longed for it in an instant.

"Oh god, I just remember... I have this thing, so... It was nice meeting you Kara!" Lena watches Winn in awe as he gathered his things

"What thing?" Lena asked. She was getting nervous. Being alone with Kara made her nervous.

"Tell you about it later. Ciao!"

Winn was fast, the next thing she knew she was all alone with Kara.

"What book are you reading?" she heard the other girl asked.

Lena flips the book close and showed it to the other girl. "The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie."

Kara moves closer to her, to the point that her shoulder was touching hers. Lena stiffened her knees to prevent them from trembling.

"What's it about?"

"Murder and stuff."

Lena was watching the blonde girl who was now preoccupied with the book.

Kara smiled and suggestively raised both her eyebrows. "You're staring."

Lena looked away as she felt her cheeks grow warm.

Kara placed the book down on the table. "I didn't say that I didn't like the attention."

"Kara.." Lena called out as she fidgets with her pen.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing here? With me? I know you have friends whos capable of helping you out. But why are you hanging out with me?"

It was straight to the point question. For the first time, Kara appeared to be a little flustered.

"I just want to."

"Why?"

"I... I really don't know." Kara looks down and starts flipping the book open.

It confuses Lena more, so great that she didn't know what to say. But she knew that she felt the same thing.

"Is it bothering you?" Kara asked without looking.

That sounded almost as if she asked herself the same question. "No."

Kara smiled and leaned closer. "So.. What chapter are you on?"

"I thought you wanted to learn about quantum entanglement?"

Kara pouts her lips to make a sad face and brings out the extra big eyes. Lena giggled and raised her eyebrow for a second.

"Urggghhh... alright."

Lena pulled out some papers from her bag. " You didn't know what you signed up for Ms. Danvers. Better quit now why you still have a chance."

"Oh bring it on Ms. Luthor." laughing as she watches the other girl starts drawing lines on the white paper.