Chapter Fourteen

~*Lucy's POV*~

Bella was sleeping thankfully but I had no clue what was going on with Louis. Why was he so mad all of a sudden?! I mean, we were just friends. Was he really going to be MAD at me because I didn't have the same feelings that he did..?

I flopped down on my bed, burying my face into the pillows. This wasn't fair.

~*Harry's POV*~

I pulled up in front of her apartment, hoping she was still up. Liam said she'd gone home, I hope Louis wasn't here. God, that would be awful. I walked up the steps, my stomach churning with nervousness. I hope she didn't kick me out again. Things seemed great this afternoon, well...evening. But...maybe she was just...being nice?

I knocked on the door, and after a minute without answering, I knocked again. And again. After three times, I opened the door, letting myself in. The only lights on were her kitchen light, and her bedroom light down at the other end of the hallway. I made my way down the hallway, peeking into Bella's room, she was fast asleep in her crib, I smiled and walked over, leaning over the crib to get a better look at her.

"Hello Bella." I murmured, brushing some of her curls off of her face. She turned over a little bit, her head moving more into my hand.

I leaned in and kissed her softly on the forehead.

"Goodnight love." I said softly before turning to go down to Lucy's room.

Just like her daughter, she was fast asleep in her bed, still wearing just Liam's sweatshirt. I mentally groaned. Of course she had walked home like that. Normally when she slept, her face looked peaceful, and a bunch of times, I had caught her with a slight smile on her. But right now, her face was scrunched up, and her brow furrowed, looking almost pained. She was whimpering slightly, tossing around on the bed. She must be having a nightmare.

I kicked my shoes off, getting onto the bed next to her, wrapping my arms around her, pulling her into my chest. She practically wrapped herself around me, nuzzling into my neck, her hands pressed against my chest, legs slipping between mine.

"Mmmmmmharry" she sighed, her tossing and turning finally stopping, the whimpering gone.

I rested my head on top of hers.

"I'm here angel." I whispered, even though she couldn't hear me.

My heartbeat had picked up, I felt so...at ease with her back in my arms. And a part of me was so...happy. She had just whispered my name in her sleep. She couldn't completely hate me. There was no way.

~*Lucy's POV*~

I was in that part of sleep, where I was sort of awake and sort of asleep. I wasn't quite able to open my eyes, to escape the world of my dreams. But I was awake enough I could hear the sound of footsteps in my room. I wanted to wake up. I did. I wanted to get away from this..this nightmare. With Louis and Harry and everything going on. But a part of me couldn't wake up. But I felt the bed dip, and a pair of arms wrap themselves around me. The warm scent of vanilla filled my nose, and I felt curls brush my face.

"Mmmmharry." I said, snuggling into him.

Warmth overtook me, from the coldness I had previously been enveloped in. It felt so nice to be back in his arms.

"I'm here angel." I heard his voice say softly, And I cuddled in closer to him.

"I love you Harry." I murmured, before I drifted back off into a more comfortable sleep.