Chapter 35

Chapter 35 (Seb's POV is in the other POV book from saving Andy)

                Hunter’s body was acting as my shield and comfort; his shoulders were hunched, making all of the muscles in his back taut. Seb chuckled humourlessly, leaning back on the table for support.

                “Your girl, eh? So much for the argument,” he cooed, making Hunter sigh. I wanted to ask the same thing but every logical bone I had in my body, I’m telling you, there aren’t very many, was telling me to keep my trap shut. Hunter chose to ignore the comment; he just folded his arms over his chest from their original position of pushing me back.

                “You’re a weasel,” Hunter retorted, keeping his gaze securely forwards. Seb flinched, softening his eyes.

                “If I don’t get that necklace, Hunter, I’m dead. He will kill me, don’t you know that?”

                “I’m all for it at the moment,” Hunter ground out between clenched teeth.

                “You care more for her than you do for me?” Seb asked, cocking his head and breathing deeply.

                “You’re at the bottom of my list, brother. I care for our dad more than I do you.” I raised both of my eyebrows and silence fell on the room. Winding around us, taking in our discomfort and making the tension in the atmosphere intensify. I shrunk back, listening to the only sounds that I could hear. My erratic heartbeat and my breathing that seemed to be coming so deep and loud that I almost certain both brothers could hear it. My heart was beating so hard that I thought it was going to jump right out of my chest and do a runner, the same thing that my head was telling me to do.

                “You’re a liar,” Hunter suddenly replied coolly, obviously bored of the staring contest that they had going on.

                “Do you really believe that?” Seb asked, raising an eyebrow and glancing over Hunter’s shoulder at me.

                “Is that a serious question?” Seb sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

                “Yeah, you’re being the ignorant pig that I always knew you were. You’re going to let me die, just like you did Justine,” Seb sneered.

                Without warning, Hunter stepped forward, yanking Seb up from his slouched position by the collar of his shirt. Seb’s arms, although they went limp at first, started to try and push at Hunter’s chest. To say that it didn’t work was the understatement of the century.

                “Her death had nothing to do with me. Yes, I’m going to let you die and I’m going to enjoy every second of not having you around. Thing is though, Seb, you’re not on his hit list, are you? You’re still part of them, you still work for them and now you’re doing their dirty business,” he paused, giving Seb a sneer. “If anything, I pity you. If you want the necklace that badly, get on your knees and beg for it like the pathetic little coward that you are,” Hunter spat, shoving his brother back into the table, hard.

                “This is exactly why I didn’t tell you that I’m still with them,” Seb choked out, rubbing his neck where Hunter’s hand had been.

                “I don’t want some pitiful excuse, just get out,” Hunter replied, his voice controlled and cold as he rubbed his hand over his forehead.

                “You need to figure out which side you’re on, Hunt, otherwise, you’re going to lose and it’ll be Andy burying you six foot under,” Seb muttered, pushing past his brother to the door. I instinctively moved back, staying as far away from him as I could.