65. STEVE: As I Love You... 2

A/N: This was a request! I hope everyone likes it! I haven't read through the whole thing entirely yet but it's taken me DAYS of writing and editing to get it to the happy ending I wanted. I'm very happy with how this came together in the end- hope you agree! I think it's got a good stable ending too so I'd have a hard time writing a part three for this, so hopefully it's enough to satisfy everyone!!

Thanks for reading! I love every one of you :)

-Winnie

Words: 4.6K

Warnings: Abusive father

The ceremony was beautiful. Hundreds of thousands of dollars had been spent to ensure the wedding's magnificence. My baby sister Taylor recited her vows at the end of a beautiful trail of white roses. The chairs were draped with white silk. The crowd of wedding goers all in shades of pearl and silver created the illusion of snow in the summer. Despite the last meeting I'd had with my father, only two days before, I smiled as I watched him walk Taylor down the aisle. Her beauty was ethereal. Her hair, golden and long, was in delicate curls. Her sparkling princess style dress swam delicately across the floor. She wore a lacey veil that her dear fiancé had the hardest time removing—making everyone laugh lightly. Steve held my hand throughout the whole ceremony. He'd occasionally steal glances over at me: making me wonder what it was that he was thinking with such a sweet little smile.

After the "I do's" were said and the kiss shared the guests were moved across the venue to the party hall. Tables are set up with grand gold and white centerpieces. Flower arrangements in white and peach spring up into the air towards the chandeliers.

"Damn," Steve chuckles as we find our seats. Suspiciously we aren't at the bride's family table. We got put with the friends—away from my dad, thankfully. "Did your folks foot the bill for this whole thing?" Steve questions. He picks up his gold etched porcelain plate carefully.

"Sure did," I laugh. I smooth out my skirt and sit after Steve's pulled out my seat. "Thanks, hon." I notice that our glasses are already filled with gold champagne. "If we ever get married, don't expect it to be this fancy. There's no way they're paying for anything that has to do with me." I raise my eyebrows as I taste the alcoholic drink. Hmm—fruity.

"If?" Steve eyeballs me suspiciously. "I was hoping you'd have a little more hope for us than that, darlin'." He chuckles lightly.

"Really?" I nearly choke on my drink. A few people, most of which I don't recognize, have arrived at our table. Sort of nervous I start to ramble—I don't want to give Steve the impression that I'm rushing into things. "I didn't know you'd be thinking about that. I haven't really thought about it, ya know," I lie. I think about it all the time, really.

Steve smiles. "It was all I could think about during the ceremony. I don't even remember half of what was said. I just kept thinking about what I'm going to say when I'm up there with you someday." He becomes distracted as the DJ taps on the mic. I stare longingly at the back of his combed blond head. He's taken by surprise when I wrap my arms around his shoulders and kiss the spot beneath his left ear.

"I love you," I whisper.

Steve chuckles and reaches up to cover my hands with his. "Not as much as I love you, my dear." Gently his lips press a kiss to my knuckles before he continues gently rubbing my arms again. I rest my chin against his shoulder and watch the DJ start the introductions while people begin to clap and holler.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Friends and family! It is my honor to introduce to you, for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Jordan!"

Steve claps and I whistle as my sister and her husband walk into the endless room. She spots me immediately—sending me a wave. I blow her a kiss and she laughs. She makes her way to the guest of honor table at the center of the room beneath the brightest lights.