Chapter 1.0

"Archie, this is literally the absolute worst idea in the history of ideas," Andy whispered furiously, jogging after her brother

"Archie, this is literally the absolute worst idea in the history of ideas," Andy whispered furiously, jogging after her brother. "Please, can we go now? This is insane, Arch! You're going to get us both killed!"

"We can't leave now. I have to finish spreading the message. Besides, I told you not to come and you said, 'Don't tell me what to do, Archibald' and then you followed me here."

Andy gave him an unimpressed look. "What exactly am I supposed to do when my deranged brother says he's going to the Southside to lure out the Black Hood?! Sit at Pop's and be like, 'okay hope you don't die, text me when you're home'? Of course I had to come with you, dumbass!" Andy hissed, gesturing wildly. She dropped her arms and scanned the area around them. 

As Archie finished his circle, a group of Southside Serpents sauntered out of the store down the street, pushing each other and laughing before spotting the twins. "Well fuck," Andy whispered, looking wide eyed at the boys. "Can we go now?"

"Hey!" one yelled, "What the hell are you doing?!" He was easily one of the tallest guys she'd ever seen. A skyscraper in human form.

"Back off, I'm not here for you," Archie stated, standing in front of Andy, who was partially frozen with fear. 

"Then who's this message for?" The serpent grabbed Archie's hand to keep him from spray painting the gate. "Aw, hell, don't tell me it's for the Black Hood? Can you believe this guy? And people say we're the trouble makers."

Archie grabbed Andy's arm and went to push past the serpents, as Andy studied the three guys. They were all really handsome, the leader in particular standing out to her. She'd always been attracted to taller guys and she'd read so many romance novels that she couldn't help but fantasize about being swept off her feet and protected by a sexy gang member. It was too bad they all probably hated her guts since she was a Northsider.

Although she was from the Northside, Andy didn't agree with most opinions of the Southside. She was a smart girl. She could understand the reality of being in a gang and, although she definitely didn't support the shady drug business, she understood the appeal for kids who were born into it like Jughead.

The serpents blocked Archie's path. "Whoa," said Skyscraper, "Southside Serpent country. You can't come here and tag our turf. So why don't you two get your asses back to the North Side before somebody gets hurt." 

Andy reached for Archie's arm, "You didn't come here to start trouble with these guys, Arch. Let's go," Andy insisted, gently. She didn't want Archie to get hurt, and she was simultaneously trying to win the affections of the human skyscraper. Andy hoped Archie would just leave with her. She noticed he wasn't moving. "Arch. . ." she warned, boring her eyes into his. 

Instead of listening, like the idiotic hothead he is, her brother poked the bear. "Get out of my way, or someone will get hurt," Archie threatened. Andy closed her eyes and sighed. 

"Shoulda listened to your girl. You just made a big mistake." Skyscraper effortlessly flicked out a switch blade. 

"Oh shit," Andy mumbled, panicking. Archie stared at the knife for a moment and then reached into his jacket and pulled out a gun. Andy's jaw dropped and she made a squeaking noise that lied somewhere between surprise and horror.

Needless to say, Andy was unaware of the gun her brother had been keeping in his jacket. "Who made a mistake?" Archie barked, moving towards the Serpents.

"What the hell man?" Skyscraper gulped, backing up with his buddies as Archie moved forwards. Suddenly he seemed very small.

"WHO MADE A MISTAKE?"

"Archie, what the HELL?!" Andy cried, finding her voice. Andy rarely raised her voice and Archie knew it. She looked horrified at her brother. "Put it DOWN," she insisted. "Put it down." Archie heard the pain in his sister's voice and lowered the gun. 

The Serpents ran the opposite way and the skyscraper made brief eye contact with Andy on his retreat. He gave her a confused once-over before turning and running. Probably puzzled by the idea of her standing against her own brother to protect some Southsiders she barely knew. But there was no way Andy could encourage that kind of behavior.

"Let's go," Andy demanded, heading back to their house. "One of those things almost killed dad, Arch. Put it away. I don't ever want to see that thing again." She was pissed. A gun almost killed their father and he had the audacity to carry one around with him without telling her?

Archie didn't answer, and followed her out of the Southside.