Chapter Two

No matter how much I wanted to turn and run away I couldn't. It was like I was glued to the ground. Some magical and unbelievably strong force trying to lure me towards the glowing skull. Celeste kept freaking out, although I felt a strange sense of calm. But that just served to scare me more.

As if my legs had a mind of their own I began towards the glowing symbol instead of away from it. I had studied enough greek mythology in school to realize it was Thanatos' symbol. The last thing I wanted to see while holding the Prophecy Of Thanatos' that had my name written on it. But I kept walking without being able to do anything else. I was trapped inside of my body.

Celeste ran in front of me like she was trying to stop me. Using her weight she began to try and push me backwards. But I kept walking forward no matter how hard I tried to stop.

As I got closer to the symbol I could see a line through it. A door. When I stood in front of the glowing symbol I was finally able to stop. Celeste howled miserably. I didn't blame her either.

With a shaky breathe I put my hand on the crack in the door. It slowly slid open, revealing nothing but darkness. Then I was forced forwards once again. Until I was inside of the doorway and it sealed behind me, luckily Celeste bolted through with me. "Well it looks like there's only one way to go" I told her as she whined in agreement.

"We can do this" I said more to myself than to her. We began walking down what looked to be a long hallway. Then we began to see light. Further down the hall was adorned with torches. But the flames were black and purple. But they have off a glow brighter than any regular torch.

"She's arrived" I heard a strange raspy voice whisper. I quickly spun around but there was no one there. "Quick, go tell thy king. Oh joy! She's finally arrived" the same raspy voice sung out. "Who's there" I whispered into the air.

"Follow me my dear" I jumped. The voice came from behind me. I slowly turned around to be greater with an old elderly woman. But she wasn't exactly your normal elderly person. She was pale and wrinkled, her dark grey eyes twinkling. But she had dark black leathery wings sprouting from her back.

"Who are you" I demanded. "Oh yes, pardon my manners, I'm just so excited. My name is Esmeralda. And your Ryan are not you my dear" she questioned, smiling. She looked friendly, but I wasn't exactly about to trust anyone.... or anything down here. "You are Ryan are not you" she asked again, I nodded once.

"Oh excellent" she sang "come along now dear come along." Esmeralda ushered me down the never ending hallway until we reached a small regular door. "You must be careful down here dearie, he underworld loves to change up on you" she warned. She easily ambled thought he small door being so short. Even though I was only 5'4 I still had to duck.

Celeste barked when we walked through. The scenery had changed drastically. The hallway with torches was nothing like this. This room was a huge cave shaped like a room. Beautiful decorations made of gold and silver littered the place. A large silver scale sat to the right of the room. The left side was lower than the right even thought here was nothing on either side. It looked similar to the scales of justice.

What caught my eye most was the throne in the middle of the room. It was made of black iron, skulls decorating its entirety. A large chandelier hung above the chair casting dazzling light throughout the place.

"Lord Thanatos" Esmeralda cheered. "She's arrived, she's here, she's absolutely stunning, she's here." I heard a groan coming from the throne. I had been so busy admiring everything I hadn't seen the person in the room. He walked over to sit on the throne.

It was the Greek god of death, Thanatos. And he was absolutely stunning. He was tall and pale. His jawline fit for a god, he had freckles adorning his face, but they didn't make him seem boyish in the slightest. You wouldn't think he could appear scary at all. But his eyes could strike fear into anyone. They were black and emotionless. His face was quite the same. He had his head propped up on his hand reading something. His hair was black and curly, the waves falling down to his forehead.

"What are you rambling on about Esme" he sighed. "Why lord Thanatos, the queen has arrived" she sang. "What" I cried out. That got his attention. "You've got to be kidding me right. Please tell me this is all some bad dream. Greek gods don't exist, I'm not a 'queen'. Now would you please show me how to get the duck out of this place" I yelled.

The man looked up at me. His dark eyes surveying me. "You're dismissed Esmeralda" he sighed waving her away. She nodded before disappearing. "I hate to be the one to tell you this but your not dreaming" he chided standing up and walking over to where I was standing.

I rolled my eyes, "pinch me." He chuckled. Damn why did he have to be so sexy. Wait what was I thinking. I don't like him, he's going to hold me captive and force me to stay here.

"And yes you are a queen. Your my queen. You're the queen of hell now beloved. So you might as well accept that and move on." I scoffed "I am not your queen nor am I your 'beloved'."

"Has anyone ever told you how annoying you are" he teased. "I'm leaving" I turned on my heel only to see the door was gone now. "Didn't Esmeralda tell you hell changes a lot" he mused. "Tell me where I can go to leave" I demanded. He smiled "There is no way out darling. I'm afraid your stuck here forever."
•••••••••••••••
Guess what guys exams are next week and I'm sick. So not only am I going to have to make up work I'm going to have to study even harder.