Chapter 20

Chapter 20 (FINISHED EDITING)

I've always had an obsession with princesses. Well maybe not princesses themselves but royalty, the hierarchy, the social ladder. How someone simply born into a particular bloodline can have authority over a whole nation. Or how someone can be so influential to society, such as Xavier, without even realising it.

But today, was princess day, the day where we all get to feel like princesses. In the big massive ball gowns, hair and makeup pampering but also how we had act like one. With perfect etiquette.

Today was the etiquette challenge.

I woke up around nine, trying to get as much beauty sleep as possible, I was able to catch the last of breakfast. Some girls were already getting ready for the dinner tonight, which we needed to be ready for by 5pm since the limo was arriving at half past to take us to some six star restaurant in California.

Jo found me stuffing my face with the remains of my bacon and egg and pulled me into the elevator up to my room.

She sat me down and got to work. While my hair and makeup was being done, which took ages, I watched The Mortal Instruments: The City of Bones on my laptop and admired the beautiful Jamie Campbell Bower and his flawless cheekbones and his British accent.

My hair was wrapped and braided into an elegant loose bun at the bottom of my head. Loose strands of curled hair framed my hair and I saw Jo thread flowers and jewels into the bun. She carefully did my make up, making my blue eyes stand out. She outlined my lips with lip liner before painting them purply red lipstick. Looking into the mirror once she had finished I almost didn't recognise the girl as me. I looked so mysterious, so hauntingly beautiful.

She clapped her hands, proud of her work, she grinned at me, "Now for the dress."

She pulled out a black dress bag which hid what I was going to wear. Jo smirked at me and said, "You're not allowed to see it till you put it on. Turn around and close your eyes."

Her assistant helped as they stripped me to my underwear and then I felt the silky smooth dress softly slide up my body hugging my curves around my torso and hips before falling gently in waves to the ground. My arms were pulled into short sleeves and I felt Jo button the dress up from the bottom of my spine and then tied a sash around my waist. Finally she told me I could open my eyes.

Blinded slightly, I saw Jo looking at me with pride and tears in her eyes, "You look gorgeous!" She laughed. Before I could turn around she handed me a pair of golden pumps with straps around the ankle. Turning around to face the mirror, I couldn't believe what I saw.

The dress was a soft lilac purple which highlighted the blue hue in my eyes. The top half of the dress had a golden embroidery stitched onto detailed with flowers and vines and embellished with fine beading a small amount of glitter. At my waist a purple silk ribbon was tied around with a slight golden tinge to the material. And the skirt simply flowed down to the floor with a light dusting of fine golden glitter over the lilac chiffon material.

I finally felt like a princess.

Carefully hugging Jo, I thanked her a billion times. Her assistant took a few photos of us which I would later put on Instagram. When it was time to leave Jo walked with me to the elevator, just to make sure I wouldn't fall on my face in the heels.

Just as the doors were about to clothes I stumbled my way in and found Rose in there looking stunning. Her hair had been straightened and then curled again into elegant waves, her eyes smoky and mysterious and lips covered in a dark red lipstick which matched the colour of her dress.