Part 1

Hi people ! I wrote this article after reading countless stories all alike, with a lot of prejudices and clichés, mistakes and abbreviations ... and so much more!

Ok it does not seem very clear at first, but maybe you will understand what I want to tell you through the ten examples that I will present to you. Each issue will correspond to something that I find editorial when I start reading a story and that prevents me from continuing right away. I want to clarify that what I write is totally subjective, I do not try to criticize anyone, and if you find a number that matches your story, it does not necessarily mean that I think yours is not great, it depends on how you wrote it.

1) Bases of punctuation:

Any story including punctuation mistakes bothers me. I mean, I hate sentences that do not start with a capital letter and do not end with a dot. The commas also that exists you know;) It seems obvious, but when it is not done immediately the reading is complicated.

2) Basics of spelling: 

Abbreviations, SMS, and words like Lol, Xptdr are to be banned from your stories (except during a passage where your character sends a text to a friend, or during a dialogue, finally, exceptional situation). Because in the middle of a narration, it really does not. Imagine yourself writing: "Arriving at home with my sistah, we went up the steps and there she fell to the ground. It was so much XPTDR! (Well, it's a little exaggerated and not so good, but I've read things like this sometimes). In short, write words from the language English , I beg you!  

3) Premature love:

The stories where the girl falls in love with the guy after a few days is one, two, three times, but after that it's really boring. Seriously, who falls in love after four days in real life ?! Which seems to me the least believable at a moment, it is when this same girl who is in love, and her new boyfriend make their declaration love, they can not help thinking that they will love each other for life, that they think they are souls sisters and all the tralala a little pathetic that follows.  So when you want to write something about a passionate love or something, say that the longer you hold the suspense between the two lovers on the revelation of their feelings, the more your story will be accurate, concrete and credible.

4) "Geeks" and "Players":  

What are these stereotypes about "nerds" (as the English call them, or more commonly called "geek") and about "players" ?! Have you really seen in your high school or college a very intelligent person who is so corny that she is insulted by all the names and is martyred by her peers? Ok it may be that this person is a little mocked from time to time, sometimes heckled, but to the point that it is isolated I do not think so. When the "players" who attract all the girls in their nets and who lie on all sides, frankly, it's not very realistic. Yes that's certain, there are some female runners, but hey, it's not like no girl was able to resist them (except your main character, as if by chance).   So when I see in a story write a girl who is flirting with the guy's hottest high school and who resists him and that hot guy only returns to the "poor darling" it was not him never arrived in his life, it makes me a little laugh.

5) "No, I'm not beautiful. I am just gorgeous.

  When I read the first page of a story, and through it is presented: the physics of the character (stating how "I say that I'm beautiful, but to tell the truth, I do not think so I'm normal, the proof is 1m80 and I have perfect fomes where it's needed. ", not very modest, his story, his family, his friends, ect, ... To tell you the truth I find it really not subtle. For me, a story is interesting when the physical or moral qualities of a character are ignored by the latter, and they are described as chapters, or even that we learn about its history, his past, at the same time that all the protagonists appear.

6) Superhero not very original:

 + It's so cliché when the "almost-new-boyfriend" comes at the delicate moment when the girl goes "almost-get-to-kill / rape / remove / hit" and the savage of the wicked at the moment when all hope was lost for her ... yes, hum, original!  

7) Loving best friends:

+ When I read a story about a girl who is in love with her best friend, I know what to expect. Frankly, the moment when the best friend is forced to see the girl with another guy to realize that he is in love with her, it's a little bit slightly boring. Think of developing something other than the feeling of jealousy with your characters!

8) Without any suspense:

The stories where the girl meets the boy in the first chapter is immediately boring. It is usually without any suspense, we know right away that something will happen between these two characters. I think the best stories are those where the two main characters meet at the most unexpected moment. However, if the meeting is done from the first chapter, the reader does not even have time to interfere in the story told, even more if it is short, he must understand the links between the two. two protagonists.

9) Encounter by jostling:

Tell me, have you ever been in the real world banging against a magnificent stranger, that when your eyes met, it was total love at first sight, and as soon as his arms touched you to catch you up, Thousands of chills ran through your skin? I do not think so. So every time I read something where the characters meet while they're fighting each other, it makes me a little laugh all the same. It's so banal to see it written in a story!

10) Crying galore! : 

 + I am seriously horrified to see a girl crying every ten lines in a story! Ok. She has the right to be sad, to have a painful past. But after a while it's more credible. I much prefer the strong, courageous characters who overcome all the trials rather than those who say they are strong but cry in every chapter.  

... So here it is. It's a start, I tried to show examples of what I think I will do next. A positive or negative opinion would not be a refusal: D. When I write, I repeat again, it is purely subjective and it is not a parcel I say for example that I do not like people who meet by jostling (No. 9), I'm going to hate all the stories where this is going on like this! As long as the story is well written and credible, I have nothing against that. With that, I embrace you, and I hope to have your opinion soon to allow me to progress.