04

chapter status: edited

E M M A

"Uh..erm...uh.." Was all I managed to stutter out.

I didn't want to hurt the boy's feelings, so I grabbed my bag and ran.

.

.

.

.

L U K E

"So you sealed the deal, but you're not even dating?!" Michael exclaimed, hopping up from the bench.

"Shhh! Pipe down! She could come back at any second." I warned, grabbing Michael's arm and repositioning him on the bench.

"Is she any good?" Ashton teased, nudging my arm. I chuckled and nodded vigorously.

"She's the best."

"I'm the best at what?" Emma's laugh filled the air and I nervously looked at Ashton, who was smiling like no tomorrow.

"Cooking. Your cooking is amazing." I quickly said as Emma climbed over the bench and sat down.

"Really? Because I'd say I'm a whole ton better in bed, don't you agree?" Emma innocently hums. Ashton and Michael broke out into a fit of laughter.

I nervously chuckled and moved in my seat uncomfortably as Emma leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Hey guys! What did I miss?!" Calum's voice sang.

"Well someone seems happy! Damn Emma, what's your secret?" Michael chuckled.

"I can heal a heart anyday." Emma boasted, Calum taking a seat next to her.

"Okay guys. Well I have something to announce," I started, everyone sealing their attention on me."Well, since we currently aren't on tour, I thought it would be a good time that I get out of London and go visit my family down in Sydney."

They all looked at me and shrugged.

"For one month."

"WHAT?!" Everyone besides me shouted , standing up, mouths on the floor.

"What am I supposed to do while you're gone?!" Emma yelled.

"How are we supposed to be a band while you're gone?!" Michael groaned, making fists, looking as if he was going to strangle a squirrel.

"How are we supposed to make out while you're gone?!" Ashton sighes, Emma hitting him in the shoulder.

"What?! I thought Luke only made out with me!" Calum gasped.

"Everyone shut up for two seconds!" I screamed over the nonsense. " First off, I never made out with Calum OR Ashton. Second, we can work out all the details over Chinese."

"Chinese food does not solve everything, Luke." Michael raised an eyebrow at me and I flipped him off, all of us walking towards the Chinese place.

.

.

.

.

.

.

E M M A

WHY EXACTLY HADN'T HE TOLD ME THIS SOONER?!

My blood was boiling. I had no words for this boy, absolutely none.

I sat across from Luke, arms crossed, not making any eye contact.

"Are you really mad at me?" Luke asked, almost as if I was being unbelievable

I raised an eyebrow at him, and he looked away, disconnecting our eye contact.

"I'm not mad. I'm disappointed you didn't tell me sooner." I corrected, and a loud scoff coming from next to me.

"Are we talking about the same Luke here?" Calum snorted, Luke giving him a death glare.

The tension was intense and I awkwardly just took a sip of my drink.

"So, um, boys! I think its time we finish up here." Ashton nervously stood up,and I stood up along with him.

"I'll pay. Chinese as my treat!" I exclaimed, just really wanting to get out of there.

I ran over to the cash register, giving a hundred to the cashier.

"Miss, it's only twenty." She said, sliding the bill back.

"Keep the change."

.

.

.

L U K E

The whole car ride home Emma had not said a word.

Which I'm guessing is a bad thing, right?

I mean, I'm not good with girl body language or whatever you call it.

So yeah, you could say she was ignoring me.

Until we got to our apartment.

We walked through the door, Emma slamming the door behind us, hands on her hips.

"Care to explain?" She questioned, sass clear.

I tried not to laughed, Emma raising an eyebrow at me.

"Explain what exactly?" I scratched the back of my neck, trying my hardest not to look clueless.

She threw her bag on the couch and sat down, crossing her legs.

"Well, explain to me that out of any moment you had to visit your family it had to be now."

I decided to take a seat as well, considering this would be a long story.

"You see, my mum wanted me to go down and visit while my aunt is in town. And well, my aunt has breast cancer and let's just say I'm her favorite nephew." I explained, Emma taking a sharp breath when I said cancer.

"I see. Well, you're doing this for your family. And I love you, so I can't really be mad at you." Emma shrugged, not making much eye contact.

I lifted up her legs onto my lap and looked her in the eyes.

"I love you, too."

And with those words, I tackled her with kisses.

Because a girl like her deserves to be kissed.

_________________________________

______

A/N

I want to call this a filler

but it's really not.

goal: 50 votes and 20 comments

ily

-mikaela xx