Chapter 11 - More acting, less thinking

"Found myself today
Singing out loud your name
You said I'm crazy
If I am I'm crazy for you"

Alix's P.O.V.

I was still rubbing my sore butt when I heard my dad's voice behind me.

- "What happened? Alix, why are you on the floor and why are Harley's things by the door?"

My eyes stood wide in surprise and a sudden fear rushed over me as I took a quick glance at Harley who looked lost and simply moved her mouth trying to unsuccessfully form words.

I had to think fast.

- "She, she.... she pushed me! I was just taking a nap on the couch and she got home and pushed me onto the floor." I said taking a mental note to apologize to Harley later for blaming this one on her.

- "Is this true Harley?" Her mom asked her getting angry.

- "No! She's crazy, she was sleeping an was probably dreaming and fell and since I was near she needed to blame me for it." She responded. Nice acting under pressure babe.

Our parents stood silent for a moment looking at the both of us questioningly and I was praying that they would buy it. My dad finally sighed, breaking the silence.

- "And here we were, thinking we would get home and have our beautiful daughters greeting us with hugs and kisses, but it seems like you two really can't get along, not even for mine and Julie's marriage sake."

I got sad at those words. Besides everything I really want my dad to be happy, but I deserve to be happy as well, right?
I could see that Harley immediately looked down, she doesn't like to disappoint her mom, I know that.

- "Sorry dad, I'll go to my room. Welcome home." I gave a kiss to dad and looked at Julie in an apologetic manner and left.

Before I could close my door, I could hear Harley's mom telling her to go to her room as well.

Once I closed the door I started to pace around. What if Harley is mad at me? What if she got in trouble because of this. I'm going to call her.

I picked up my phone and dialed her number, after just a second she picked up.

- "What the fuck Alix?!" She whisper yelled.

- "I know, I know, I'm sorry. I couldn't think of anything else, I just panicked Harley."

She breathed out and calmed down.

- "It's okay, I think they bought it either way, I just don't like this, the whole lying thing, you know?"

Now it was my time to breathe, I don't like it as well, but it's the only way.

- "Yeah, I know, but we don't have any other option, please don't be mad..."

She went silent for a couple of seconds, but before I could still check if she was still listening she responded.

- "I know. And I did call you crazy, so I'm sorry as well."

A small smile stood on my face. She didn't get mad and she apologized even though she didn't have to.

- "Well, I kind of am crazy, crazy for you." I said chuckling a bit at the end.

She breathed out softly again this time.

- "Me too." She said, but I could still hear concern and a bit of sadness in her voice.