Chapter 79: Finally! Knight's Got the Spotlight!

The people in the crowd grinned evilly with some sort of shared understanding, like I hadn't almost just screwed then over, turning their maniacal intents over to Finch Phillis.

"There's no getting out of this one. Isn't that right, Little Firea?"

     We fist bumped and confused the surrounding parties, making them wonder what that was supposed to be.

"So true," Kaya nodded as Thérèse held her, not shocked at all. The loyal maid knew all along that the cord that I had snapped was a fake. As expected from a rank SS.

I had removed the real one the moment he walked back into camp, switching it out while Mr. Phillis was too distracted to notice.

     The knights hauled him off, taking him out of the camp for a little...deadly private lesson. Someone sensible in the crowd called out not to kill him, they needed to interrogate him first! I called out not to kill him at all, that was way too easy of a death. I have many torture methods of the soul if you want to know!

     Little Firea rolled her eyes, sighing at my over enthusiasm. "Don't you have a Demon to defeat?"

     "But the good parts are only just starting..." I pouted.

     "Go on, you sadist. You can take the good parts out on the Demon!"

     "Aw~Fir~why are you always so strict~?" I hugged my counterpart and started twisting, her face buried in my ribboned breasts while she acted like she couldn't breathe.

     It was at that moment that I finally "noticed" the rest of the people there, watching me. I smiled at them gracefully and stuck a hand out.

     "Hello, sir. You are Firea's father, are you not? It's very nice to meet you!" I chirped with gaudy excitement. It was evident to anyone who cared that I wasn't taking any of this seriously.

     Tentatively, he reached a hand out, which I grabbed firmly and shook up and down excitedly.

     "And you, Thérèse! I hear you want to fight me!" I spun and looked at her, my hand going out to her as well.

     She calmly shook my hand with a slight smile, and I suddenly felt an unending cold leaking out from her at this sudden distance. That's right, if you are a stranger to her then she doesn't treat you that well...should I let her in on my real identity? But wait, then she would wonder about who really took down the curse wraith since Knight was me...

     I guess not then.

     "Knight...Knight!" Firea snapped at me. Somewhere in the background, we heard it roar. Hey, was that Minotaur dead yet? I couldn't remember. "The Demon, remember! Your turn!" I snapped out of my thoughts and sighed.

     "Okay then," I handed back my [Double] to her maid. "I'll deal with it."

     Captain Renard, kneeling and shaking his head as if to regain his senses, had no clue what we were talking about.

     "What are you talking about? Where are we? Who was that man they dragged off? Why are my knights naked? Who are you?!" He lost his cool while hearing this sudden flow of information.

     "It's...a long story," my father looked over at the confused big man. "One I'm very obligated to inform you about."

     "Also," I started while turning away, "tell your knights that I've got this. Enjoy your revenge to your heart's content!"

     From there, I stepped off the air platform I'd made and flew to ten miles away, where the Demon was. From the platform you could see a lot, but even on the ground you could see the tall skyscraper that made the trees it crushed looked like dwarves.