Chapter 2

Valentina's POV

Today I didn't go to work, I haven't been feeling well for the whole day, I feel like crap. I hate that annoying feeling when you're  really nauseous but you just don't vomit. 

I hate missing work, I really love it there that is why. Some people find that really weird but I enjoy work (most of the times) because my boss, Hailey is so lovely and my best friend Ariana works there as well and we always have a great time together. 

We all watch Arrow and we are obsessed with it, we talk about it all the time. It is like the best thing ever and Oliver Queen... Damn that guy is perfect. 

Anyways, my mum has been begging me to come downstairs to eat something. I better go down before she bites my head off. 

I get out of my bed and look at myself in the mirror, oh fudge I look terrible. My hair is a tangled mess and I am in my pyjamas which have printed cupcakes on it... It looks horrible, I look like a two year old not a twenty two year old, but whatever I really do not care right now. 

I am ill and I feel like shit so I will wear what the hell I want to wear... But I think I should just comb my hair and put it up in a ponytail. 

After looking a 'little' bit more presentable I put on my flip flops and go downstairs. I go to the dining room and see that we have one extra person there... Oh my God. 

It is Luca Marino. 

What the hell is he doing in my house? 

The guy is a a famous billionaire. What on earth is going on?

"Hey mum... Hey dad." I say awkwardly as I sit down on the empty seat next to Luca, "Hi." I give him a really weird and creepy smile. He gives me a quick nod and smile. What the hell?

I stare at my mum and try to get her attention, for some odd reason she looks really upset and so does my father. I have no idea what is up with them.

"What is going on?" I ask and I then take a sip of water. "Mum? Dad? Why are you both so upset?"

"I think you should just ask your dad... He will able to answer that for you." Luca says in a very 'demanding' and powerful manner. 

"Wait... Why the hell are you here?" 

Who the hell is he to be here and act like he owns this place. I don't give a donkeys piss if he is a billionaire, he doesn't have a right to act all entitled. 

"Oh dear fiancee... I thought you were very polite but it seems not." He mutters, I scrunch my eyebrows... When was I his fiancee. 

"First things first." I say, "I am not your fiancee and dad what is happening, can you say something please?" I look at my dad, he looks as if he is going to breakdown into tears right on the spot and so does my mum.

"I-." My dad stutters and I feel suddenly very overwhelmed and scared. It looks like he is going to tell me some bad news. 

"Dad?" I whisper, "Please just tell me what is going on."

My dad doesn't look at me, he looks ashamed and frightened. "Princess, please do not get angry." He wipes a tear from his eyes, "If I could change the past I would. Luca is here b-because he wants to marry you."

I look at my mum, then at my dad and then at Luca, I clap my hands and laugh, "Now that is very funny joke." I carry on laughing but fuck, I can not hear them laughing with me... So they are being serous?

"Not want... 'Is going to marry you'." Luca says interrupting me from my thoughts. 

"I'm sorry?" I look at Luca with a baffled expression, what the hell is he talking about? I am going to marry him now am I?

"No need to apologise love." Luca smirks at me, "Now... James, tell your beloved daughter why she is getting married to me."

"Dad, what the hell is he going on about?" I ask my dad but he doesn't say anything, he just stays still and silent. I smack my hand on the wooden table, Luca, my mum and dad flinch just a little bit, "Dad please talk to me and tell me what is going on, now!"

 "I am so so sorry darling." He mutters, "I... I owe Luca some money and he wants to marry you as... Compensation."

"Why don't you just pay him back the money?" I ask and Luca chuckles, I look at him and wait for him to say something."

"Please tell me how are you people going to get half a million pounds." He laughs and I shake my head, half a million pounds! How the hell does my dad owe that much money to Luca?

"How does he owe so much money?" I ask with confusion and I hear my dad taking deep breaths.

"Gambling." Luca remarks, "Your father, honey... Has a gambling addiction."

"Don't you fucking dare 'honey' me." I groan, I get up from my seat, "I am not marrying you... That is the end of it."

Luca gets up as well, he hovers over me and smirks, "You are marrying me and that is the end of it." He whispers dangerously. 

"And if I don't?"

"Well... I will make sure you all suffer for your fathers mistakes." He says coldly, "You wont have a job, a house... You wont be able to even afford a piece of bread."

"You're evil." I mutter, "What the hell is the point of you going to all these charity events and dashing your money around to these people when all you care about is yourself?"

"I don't need to answer to you." He replies totally dodging my question, "I will talk to you soon to discuss wedding plans. There is nothing you can do about this so don't even try because I have people everywhere."

"Why do you want to marry me?" I ask, "You can get any girl you want."

"Don't think I love you... I don't." He rolls his eyes, "It is all just business." He gives me a quick kiss on my cheeks and then leaves. 

I run after him, "Wait." I shout and he looks back at me.

"What?"

"I don't want to marry-." I start to say.

"Do you honestly think I care?" He retorts, "I don't... I will call you, I've got your number, we will talk and get to know more about each other." 

I want to say something to him, I try to but words just don't seem to be coming out of my mouth. Luca just slams the door as he leaves, he just leaves me dumbfounded in the corridor.  

Did this shit really just happen?

I think I am going to faint.

Thank you for reading the second chapter of my story, I hope you enjoy. 

Please remember this isn't my main book that I am working on so the updates might be late because I will be more busy working on my other story OUR DANGEROUS LOVE. 

Please vote, comment and share. 

Follow me please. 

Song - Selena Gomez - Love will remember.