87. Sister

87. Sister

Russo

Drew loved coffee, and so did her brothers.

It was simply a day like no other-- the gamer she was, fingers clicking away at the keyboard and the other hand swerving around the mouse, eyes glued to the MMORPG she was absorbed in--

When Zen came right down, casually picked up Drew's mug of coffee, and went right back into his room.

...huh?

"JESUS FUCK, BRO!" Drew suddenly screeched. "MY COFFEE!"

"Goodness, Zen, what did you do this time??" Eve's voice came from outside, having been doing the laundry. "Drew, language!!"

Zen, blank-faced, scampered away as quickly as he could, balancing the coffee perfectly in his hands.

"GAH! I DIED!" Drew screamed, "Zen, come the hell back here with my coffee! You made me die!"

-

Russo bent his neck back and looked back up to the sky-- and wondered how the sky could always shine such a brilliant shade of blue.

His legs hanging over the cliff, his arms put back as he leaned his weight on it.

He closed his eyes.

Below him, the chasm seemed to have no ending to it.

He closed his eyes, deep in thought.

"...I wonder what Zen is doing now?"

-

-

Rei

Waking up, I found I lay on a mat on the ground, a cold compress on my head.

Lambo wasn't with me.

My throat was sore and I felt sticky with sweat. It was warm, and my head throbbed a dull ache that I could mildly bear.

Pushing myself up with a groan, there was a compress on my foot as well. 

I sighed. Looking around, I found the girls gathered, looking towards a bright orange light in the distant trees. 

Fuuta noticed me first, and made his way over from where he was.

"Rei-nii, are you alright?" he asked worriedly, helping me get into a comfortable seating, "Are you alright?" he repeated as if I didn't hear the first time.

"Yeah... just a little dizzy." I mumbled, turning my eyes to Lambo, sleeping at the side. When did I make it back? I couldn't recall at all. My mind was blurry and my thoughts were hard to gather. "What happened?" 

"That's our line," Fuuta sighed, "You came back here after that weird light, and right after Tsuna-nii left... and the moment you came in you just collapsed. We were worried sick, but Bianchi-nee said you would be alright and..."