XVIII

Raen was lying awake in his bed when I eventually got back and his head immediately turned at the intrusion before sitting up at my arrival. A look of concern on his features. He looked as though he had been thinking for quite sometime about whatever troubles were plaguing his mind.

"Ok?" He questioned as I turn around to take off my criss-cross. Baja hoping up on his couch across from me and nestling comfortably, her eyes looking at me and then landing on Raen before she closed them for the night.

I sigh and shake my head from where he can see behind me and continue to take my clothes off in silence. As I was unbuttoning my shirt I feel Raen's hands slide over mine from behind me where I was gripping the shirt tightly and my hands were now shaking. I didn't even realise they were shaking until Raen placed his own over them and held them gently as he rested his lips near my temples.

I let out a sigh as I closed my eyes, leaning back into him behind me and clutching his hands in mine. He sighed and I could feel him look down at me from behind.

"What happened?"

It took me a while to answer but when I finally did, it was in a daze as the memories of earlier plagued my mind. With the people that were my father's men and trusted friends turning on me, his son. I was a traitor to them, no matter what way they saw it. I was no Dry Lander. I didn't even know what I was. This connection or whatever I have to the Shadows and these dreams that turn into nightmares that then turn to reality..

"I'm a monster." I whisper.

Raen stiffens at my words and his hold on my hands loosen, coming down to rest on my stomach. He kisses my shoulder.

"You're not a monster." He states.

"You didn't see the way they looked at me." I scoff, shrugging him off my shoulder and breaking out of his grip. I turn around.

"They think that I'm unnatural, that I'm no better than the creatures from the Shadows."

"That is not true." Raen steps forward, emphasising his words as his voice rises in tone. My words upsetting him. I was hurt yes, but a few months ago I would've cried and not be able to cope with the thoughts of people not accepting me. I guess now I was accepting myself for what I truly was. In their eyes, what I was to them.

"They're not wrong Raen." My voice strains as I look at him with plead in hopes he would understand where I was coming from.

"I'm half Dry Lander, half elf. I have these dreams that no one should be able to have, I'm a Trainor to a panther. Now, a creature from the Shadows is looking for me and knows me by name. If I were you, I would be questioning my entire existence."

"I'm not and I don't." Raen reaches out and curls a gentle hand around the side of my neck, pulling me closer.

"I don't care about any of that." He whispers close to my lips. A frown set in his forehead as he gazed down at me.

"All I care about is you Keylin. I love you and that includes every part of you. You're not a monster. Not to me, never to me."

Raen's words make me feel something. A feeling similar to great tsunami's in the Wet Divide, making the ground shake when I was in the High Peaks. The feeling that is sudden and can never be explained.

Raen was my everything and if I ever lost him, I would lose myself too.

He smiles a small smile down at me before gingerly reaching down and placing a kiss on my lips. It was an innocent kiss but it poured of love. I bring my hands up to the space where his neck meets his collar bone before moving them up and knotting in his hair.