Chapter. T H I R T Y S E V E N

Jill Malik P

Jill Malik P.O.V

"Oh my god, congratulations !"

Ximena barged into my office and took me into a bone crushing hug. "Let me see how much my brother spent on your ring finger?" Her eyes widened as she saw the shining diamond ring. "It's so gorgeous, oh my god! I can't believe we are going to be sisters!"

It still felt so surreal to think that I'm now Flynn Vasilios fiancee. Who would have ever thought the womanizer would settle down? The news and gossip papers were filled with articles about our engagement story. Flynn's last name was even trending on twitter for a couple of hours. The night of the proposal I called Aunt Lydia to tell her the exciting news and she was crying tears of happiness. She knew from the start that this was going to happen. She knew that Flynn would eventually become my boyfriend and later on my husband.

Aunts knows best.

When we went back to New York we invited the family for dinner at the mansion and I showed them my ring. They just stared at it for a long time, Rodrigo was the first one who realized what had happened. The others were still confused slash in shock.

Reina started to cry river of tears after Rodrigo jumped on the couch and congratulate Flynn and I on our engagement. The Vasilios family was so happy and they welcomed me with open arms. They were so glad their son had settled down and left his wild past behind. They were tired of all his scandals. Sadly, Ximena couldn't be there because she was on a business meeting in Australia.

"You and Rodrigo are invited to the engagement party." I said as Ximena finally calmed down and settled on the chair in front of me. "It will be held at the Renaissance Event Hall."

"Wonderful. I love that place! But why do you say Rodrigo and I? Why can't you invite Rodrigo himself?" She asked with a questioning look.

"I thought you guys were a thing."

Her eyes widened. "What?! No, we're just friends."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows and smirked. "It does not look like that."

She sighed and rested her head in her hands. "He's friendzoning me."

This time I was the one who had a shocked expression on my face. All this time I thought she was the one who was friendzoning him. "Can't you just step out of the friendzone? That guy likes you."

"I wish. I know he likes me, but it's not that easy." She opened her handbag and got out a silver package. She hand it to me and gave me a cheeky grin. "Something small from Australia."

I opened the package and a smile crept on my face. It was a candle with Flynn and my name engraved on it. It was so beautiful and it smelled like chocolate. Ximena knew that I was obsessed with candles lately. I had already bought four from bath and bodyworks.

Damn such a great way to avoid the topic about Rodrigo.

..........

The room was filled with family, friends, and business partners. Aunt Lydia and Milan flew from Barcelona to New York again. They were the only family I had. I made my way to the stairs and took a deep breath.