Chapter 2.0

Andy ignored the plethora of football players and teenage boys taking up her living room and instead holed herself up in her room to get some studying done

Despite her intentions to tune the boys out, she couldn't help but to sit against her door and listen in on their conversation about the Black Hood. Then, if they were planning something completely stupid, Andy could prevent it. She would've just gone down and sat with them but Reggie annoyed the hell out of her and she didn't know if she could sit and be civil in the same room as the guy.

During her eavesdropping, she heard Roni admit that she threw Archie's gun into Sweetwater River, which made her breathe a sigh of relief.

Andy was pulled from her door with the rumble of motorcycles. She immediately rushed to her window, throwing her hands and her cheek against the glass. 

As she glanced down, a group of Southside Serpents climbed up her front steps. She took a breath to ready herself for this encounter and whipped open her bedroom door, sliding in her socks over to the top of the steps.

She stood at the top of the stairs, watching as the skyscraper from the other day squared up to Archie. "How stupid are you Northsiders? You really think you can come to my house, stick a gun in my face, in front of my boys, and there wouldn't be any payback?"

Reggie interrupted at this point, being a jerk as usual. He grabbed Skyscraper's shirt and Andy took a few more panicked steps down the stairs. She knew she didn't have the physical strength to pull them apart, but her instincts inclined her to keep everything calm. 

Thankfully, Archie separated them for her but then turned to Veronica, "Stay here," he looked up at Andy poised on the steps, "You too."

Andy immediately replied, "You know you can't tell us what to do, Arch," she stated, reaching the bottom of the steps, standing next to Roni. Archie gave her a disappointed look, but Skyscraper spoke up before he could say anything.

"You're going to want to stay out of this, princess. Wouldn't want a pretty face like yours to get hurt," Skyscraper stated, smirking and intensifying his eye contact. His buddies laughed behind him.

Andy glanced at him. She wasn't all that intimidated because she knew he was only here for Archie. But she was definitely startled by his deep voice and overall handsomeness. She swallowed and trying to collect her thoughts and speak them eloquently, starting at the beginning. 

"First of all, calling me a pretty face is kind of shitty and demeaning. My name's Andy, for future reference. And second of all, I'm trying to prevent this fight, not pull it apart. It should be obvious that I'm not physically strong enough to do that," she said, shaking her head and strolling up next to Archie. Andy wasn't one to be intimidated by words.

Everyone looked at her oddly besides Archie and Veronica, who were aware of Andy's tendency to be very direct. There was so much tension in the room one minute ago but somehow Andy had almost quenched it with her calm tone.