Soul Of The Red Lion

{Keith X Altean Goddess! Reader}

      A certain mulleted Paladin was looking for the training room that Princess Allura told him about. He had only been in the castle for one day now, turns out there were more lions and his was on a Galra ship and they hadn't gone out to receive it yet since they needed the yellow, green, and black lion.

       Keith let out a frustrated sigh and checked every room that was either empty, or full of weird Altean stuff. That was, until he stumbled into a library. It was huge and remarkably clean.

     His curiosity piqued and he loomed around, searching the labels which he couldn't read since they were in an alien language. He pulled out a book with a leather cover and saw gold designs engraved into it. He opened it and saw a picture of an Altean holding their sword to the sky, letting out a war cry. In the heat of battle surrounding them, they stood proudly as a leader, a fighter, a warrior.

      He nearly dropped the book as the picture began to move, the Altean took off their helmet and {H/L}, {Hair Texture}, {H/C} hair came into view, her eyes burning with a blood lust passion. The Altean warriors around her were fighting bravely with various weapons of swords, spears, and shields.

       The book almost spoke to him as he heard a soft but clear voice. The text was in the foreign language but the voice spoke in an accent the same as Allura.

     "__________, a goddess of war and wisdom. One of the most courageous of all gods and goddesses. Her armor clad in red and gold to symbolize strength and dignity. She led and claimed victory in many historical wars on the Planet of Altea, well known for her temperamental attitude and intelligence."

       The voice in his head gave him more background information on this warrior known as __________. He learned that she grew up being one of the most brightest and strongest women on the Planet. And according to the book she was claimed to be a daughter of one of the mythological Altean gods he couldn't remember the name of. She was underestimated all the time because she was a girl, but her hotheadedness and her ability told otherwise, so she would prove whoever misjudged her, wrong. As she grew older, she became a general at age sixteen, and then a commander at seventeen. She had never surrendered or lost a single war, she relied on instincts and her agility more than skill and strength.

        Any thoughts of the training room was long gone from his mind as he was so encased in the book. He lost track of time, learning more about _________. He was fascinated.

     He heard someone clear their throat behind him, making him jump slightly and drop the book. Keith whipped his head around and was met with the sight of Allura.

     "Hello Keith, I see you've found the library." She spoke with elegance. Keith bent over to pick up the book he dropped and went to place it back on the shelf.

     "So you've been reading about _________? Goddess of war and wisdom? I must say she is one of my idols." The Altean princess took a step forward, "I'm glad you're reading about her because it'll help you strengthen your bond with the Red Lion." This made Keith look at her quizzically like she had just grown three heads, metaphorically speaking.

      "How is it going to strengthen our bond?" The Red Paladin was taken aback.

      "Well, when my father built the lions, he gave them each a characteristic of the gods and goddesses, each of them possesses their soul which is why they have those specific personalities. The Soul of the Red Lion is _________'s. I'm sure you've read about the symbolism of her armors color." Allura smoothed out her dress, Keith was deep in thought for a moment.

      He remembered Allura telling him about gaining the trust of the Red Lion in order to pilot her. What if he was unworthy?

       Allura noticed his internal conflict and spoke up. "Don't worry about her not accepting you, she will. She'll respect you only if you show her that your worthy. __________ has always been that way." She gave a reassuring smile and Keith felt a small amount of relief wash over him.

     "Thanks Allura."