twenty six

CHAPTER TWENTY SIXCHILD STORIES

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHILD STORIES

[ THOR: RAGNAROK ]

The force of travelling through the wormhole was enough to knock the crew of the Commodore unconscious

The force of travelling through the wormhole was enough to knock the crew of the Commodore unconscious. The lights within the ship had stopped working and a flashing red light in the back blinked to signal there was a power shortage.

Though as the members of the ship slowly woke and got to fix the controls. Bruce was mesmerised by Asgard which could be seen from afar. "You're seeing this, right?" He asked.

"Bruce, welcome to Asgard." Antares smiled warmly. Thor let out a cough and she sent a glare the man's way.

"Since I'm the king, it should be my job to welcome Dr Banner." Thor shot, playfully.

"No, you're not." Antares shot back and on receiving a questioning glare she explained, "Hella is the queen, the true ruler to the throne. She is, after all, the eldest child to Odin." Thor only grumbled, knowing she was right.

"I never thought I'd be back here," the lost Valkyrie stated.

"I thought it'd be a lot nicer," Bruce commented as the two girls steered the ship into the city. "I mean, not because it's not nice, it's... it's just that it's on fire."

"Here in the mountain, heat signatures," The Valkyrie said, noticing the red dot on the screen. "A lot of people clustered together, she's coming for them."

"If you drop me off at the palace, I'll lure her away," Thor said.

"And get yourself killed?" She asked, astonished.

"No way, I'm coming with you." Antares went to jump from her seat.

"No, it's too dangerous. While I'm with Hella I need you three to get everyone off Asgard." Thor ordered.

"How the hell do we do that?" Bruce asked.

"I have a man who can help."

"I'm still coming with you, I can't let you fight her alone!" Antares growled.

"And I can't let you die for me. Antares, if you fight her, she will kill you! You're only a mortal, you'll die easily, your powers aren't enough to stop her."

"I have a cosmic entity stuck inside of me who is older than time itself!" She screamed, getting angrier and angrier as she knew who she was now. "The Phoenix Force is within me, it is indestructible, a manifestation that will not leave my body until it kills me."

"I can't let you get hurt." Thor tried. He was terrified of what he just heard, the force was nothing more than a fairy tale that men and children a-like told around the fire to scare one another. The other girl looked at Antares, afraid while Bruce just looked worried.

"Do you not understand? Do you even know what the Phoenix Force is?" She sighed.

"It's a fairy tale." Thor said.

"No, it's not! It's real and it's inside of me." Antares

"I said, stay here!" That was the last thing Thor said before he jumped from the ship and ran to the entrance of the palace.

"You can control your power right? I mean the Phoenix Force." Brynhildr seems worried, afraid. She too had heard tales and knowing now that it is real and lives inside the girl beside her made her horrified.

"Yes, I have control over it." She sighed.

"How did you even find out about it?" Bruce asked.

"The Grandmaster told me all about it, he's seen cases like me before, he knows who the Phoenix Force is, as he too is stronger than any of us could ever comprehend." She sighed before turning to Brynhildr, "Look, if I can't help Thor with Hella then we need to get a move on to get everyone else."

Brynhildr only nodded before flying the ship over towards the mountain, "Oh, also. I read in Thor's mind that he found something of yours, I think if I can remember it properly it'll be right here..." she looked within a small compartment and found the folded up material, "I believe this belongs to you." It was her Valkyrie gear, she smiled, which was enough of a thank you coming from her.

Alright, let's do this." She quickly got up giving Banner the controls as she got changed. She set up a large gun causing the two to turn to her with a questioning glance, she only returned a smirk.

The ship made the way to the moving heat signatures, coming to the bridge which leads to the Bifrost. There stood a large wolf, larger than Antares had ever seen before. To the other side was an army of the undead.

"Brynhildr, I hope you know what you're doing!" Antares yelled.

"I'm getting there!" She lined up the large gun and begun shotting down at the wolf, but he kept coming forward. "This stupid dog won't die!"

"Is it Fenrir? Please tell me it's not Fenrir, he's known to be indestructible and really strong, the 'un-chainable dog'!"

"It has to be!" Brynhildr answered back, yelling over the loud sounds of the ship, "He was Hella's disciple."

"Are you going or am I?" Antares asked, looking to Bruce. "I completely understand if you don't want to fight, though."

"I hate this." He mumbled, jumping up. He turned towards Brynhildr, "Everything's gonna be alright now, I've got this. You wanted to know who I am?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You'll see!" Then he jumped, but he didn't turn into the Hulk as he had planned to cause Antares to jump from her spot and look down at the male, the Valkyrie giving her a questioning grimace.

"Give him a second!" She yelled over the noise and watched the male as he transformed, grabbing the large dog by the tail and swinging it away from the people of Asgard, letting out a loud growl. "Told you so."

"I knew he reminded me of someone!" She cried, her face was screwed up in confusion and happiness.

The ship started to rock side to side, Antares ran to the controls before noticing black shadows moving across the ship, "Shit! They're on the ship!" She cried, getting behind the controls and trying to right the ship. Valkyrie also tried to right the ship using the second controls but it was no use, the ship was going down.