70. Visitors can enter now!

The nurses of the All Saints Hospital were in a frenzy. The rumour was right, Police Officer Ram Charan was admitted at the hospital along with few other officers. And all everyone wanted was to see the celebrity.

His face and name was past forgotten to them until the headline flashed the channels lately.

"Ex-Mafia King Gunaa Prasad bailed out of jail after 2 years."

Everyone knew the rivalry between him and the officer, and now that he was out of jail, there was a huge possibility of a war between them to take revenge on one other, one for his family's honour and the other for his deceased brother and the time spent in prison.

And now this. There were also rumours that Gunaa was dead. Killed. Hence the frenzy among the nurses.

The hospital room where the officers were admitted was highly guarded and only the appointed nurses and higher officials were permitted to enter the VIP premises of the hospital. But they all knew one thing. He was badly hurt and was undergoing surgery. The fact that he had just undergone one not a long while back didn't make things easier. As for now, he was still unconscious.

This was all that the media and the people could know. The place was restricted for media and outsiders. Only immediate family was allowed in the waiter's room.

Outside the room, there were a lot of people who waited for Inspector Ram to open his eyes. There was his father, mother, his sister and her husband, and the twins-his niece and nephew that he had never seen.

And there was, of course, Dhruvika and her family.

Dhruvika wasn't crying anymore. She knew he would keep his promise, she knew he would come for her. All she had to do was to be patient and wait for him to keep that promise he made. And she knew it would happen soon. She was sure.

She willed herself to be strong, just like how he would want her to be.. She wanted to make him proud..

At last, after hours and hours of surgery, the doctors left Ram.. Now it was only a matter of time to know how he will be.. The doctors claimed they had tried their best, but the previous bullet wounds were only healing, and now he had two more, making things complicated.

Ram was heavily sedated and the nurses were ordered to never leave him out of their sight. 

One visitor was allowed to be with the patients. Shikha, her mom and Meera, Dhruvika's mother, took turns waiting with Kiran, and  Dhruvika, Karthika and Haridas took turns staying with Ram, Karthika and Dhruvika taking the most of the time. The two women refused to go home, and stayed back either inside the room or in the visitor's lounge. Shikha stayed with them. The rest of them, the men, Shivani and the kids stayed back home taking care of the kids.

The nurses were always with them, being attentive to each and every pulse the machine emanated. They knew who he was and that he was a very important man.

After 2 days of being admitted, Kiran slowly woke back to his consciousness with only a minor concussion. Most of the other officers who had assisted them had been awake too. But it took 4 days for Ram to open his eyes, only to be drawn back to another slumber. It was Karthika who was there then, and she was happy enough to witness his son walk back from darkness. It was only for a short period of time before he gave up to the darkness pulling him. Dhruvika had been at the motel they had booked, taking a shower. 

Ram hadn’t spoken anything, all he did was move his hand and the small movement caught Karthika’s eyes. Rushing to her son’s side, she silently called out his name. And he responded with a silent reply but calling out for his mother. Too silently but Karthika heard it all right. The nurses rushed to get the doctor, but by the time the doctor’s had entered the room, Ram was back to sleeping again, the sedatives pulling him to darkness.