Chapter 26 - The Venture

Izo had finally finished hiring more people to fulfill much-needed support positions and finally appointed a CEO to manage Marchen Inc. in her absence. With free time finally, in her hands, Izo announces to Dolores that she would be taking a few days off to go on an adventure. Dolores naturally approved and informed Mr. and Mrs. Lee of the young Misses plans as Izo ventured into the guild at an early hour.

As usual, the guild was empty at the early hour as Izo stops in front of the mage technicians in their usual blue worker jumpsuit and blue caps. A familiar middle-aged worker takes out a scanner from his pocket and automatically says, "Please hand over the registration card and state your location. And would you like to pay now or have the trip placed on a tab?"

Izo hands over her guild ID over to the technician to be scanned. "I'm heading to Rainbow Trails and I would like to pay for the teleportation round trip now."

Finished typing, the mage technician says, "There you are," and hands Izo the ID back. Izo steps onto the glowing ring as the mage technician finished inputting precise system coordinates into the teleportation system. The surrounding mages quickly evacuate the nearby area and set up shields to contain the after-mana bursts. The ring begins to glow as the mage technicians put their shades on and in a flash Izo is gone.

Izo finds herself in an area filled with white puffy clouds and streams of rainbows in the sky. Before going forward, Izo pulls out the fox mask and puts it on. The mask would keep her identity a secret just in case.

Wearing the fox mask, Izo floats in the air as she scans the area of any interesting monsters to collect. Izo spots two creatures of use.

--------------------------------------------------

Adult Rainbow Chicken(Uncommon)

This magical chicken's eggs are a delicacy and highly valued by chefs.

----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Adult Winged Pegasus (Rare)

Flying Magical horse that has strong charging ability and the added ability to release a gale of wind with its powerful wings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Izo grabs two Monster Compasses from the inventory darts for her prizes. The chicken is kicked into the ground and then trapped. While the poor flying Pegasus is put to sleep via a brutal chop to the neck, before being captured.

Izo continues to glide on the air via her magic as she heads towards the dungeon on top of the cliffs, Rainbow Cliff. With ease, Izo lands on the ground to see an enormous tower like dungeon stretching into the sky as rainbows burst from the clouds. Izo pauses as she scans the nearby, the teleportation ring hadn't been used long before arrival. Either a team had left or just arrived.

Izo frowns, but shrugs, her mask would keep her identity secure. Besides, today, she would be raiding the dungeon as a battle mage using only magic to defeat her enemies and some physical combat. Izo would not be using her scythe or any other weapon item. But more importantly, Izo wanted to test out the skill Electron Disruption in battle. Beyond knocking out power and electronics for ten feet, Izo was kind of curious about what it would do to someone or a monster for that matter.

Izo activates the skill, Self-Substance the moment she enters the temple. Glancing around on the first floor Izo frowns with disappointment to find that the monsters had yet to respawn. Though to Izo's luck, the clueless adventurers had failed to collect the rainbow bones on the floor. With ease collected more than the 100 rainbow bones required for her mission.

Satisfied, Izo mutters an invisibly spell and glides forward towards the next floor. Izo would only pause to collect items for her missions and any dropped items. By the fourth floor, Izo will have collected all the required items needed to complete her mission. Izo finally comes across the clumsy adventurer party on the 6th floor.

A handsome man in knightly leads a fierce charge as he battles swarms of flying harpies. A large chested female mage releases a torrent of fireballs at the harpies turning them into crisp. A golden-haired beauty in tight-fitting leather armor releases magical arrows at her enemies causing harpies to fall dead to the ground by the dozen. And the last young woman a redhead with a perky behind uses her rogue daggers to cut down any harpy trying to attack the female mage and the female ranger.

Izo nods in approval of the formation as it was rather logical. Rather than stopping to help, Izo dodges the monsters on the 7th and 8th floor to finally come to a halt. Thinking that she had put enough space between herself and the adventurer party, Izo comes to a halt on the 9th floor as a dark swirling fog surrounds her.

Izo chant-less says, "Ire De'sapare." The fog surrounding her instantly clears away leaving only a dark giant mountain in the distance with a large opening serving as a cave. Despite the fog being cleared away, the area is dark as if at dusk.

Izo digs her feet into the ground and wordlessly chants, "Revelo D'ostro." Suddenly Izo can see a mass of bat-like creatures in the mountains with a larger figure, the Bat King. Izo smiles thinly and begins to chant a light spell. A large amount of mana begins to grow around Izo, before a flying white beam smashes straight into the mountain cracking the mountain in half.

Half of the monsters are destroyed, but the rest of the bat's swarm out in a fury including their leader. A swarm of giant bat monsters lets out soundwave attacks causing Izo to wince at the volume, but luckily thanks to Self-Substance, Izo was not affected by the attack.

Izo darts into the sky and between the creatures as uses her flying magic to dodge between them as she releases a swarm of ice and fire attacks. The fire automatically burns the bat creatures to death while large ice chunks freeze the Bats wings causing them plummet to their death down below.

The Bat King seeing his minions dying lets out a shriek calling the rest of the bats back to the colony. The massive bat monster the size of a wyvern roars and flaps its way forward. For a creature so large, the Bat King moved rather quickly.

The Bat darts within 10 feet as Izo activates the skill Electronic Disruption. The monster Bat wobbles in the air confusion as if unsure of what it was doing." Huh, so it's basically a stun skill," Izo thought to herself. Which was rather convenient considering the people she would be facing in the future. Even if it was just one second, that would be enough to change the tides in battle.

Not waiting for the Bat Monster to come reach her, Izo smiles and chants, "Magma 'Istro." A small glowing ball of red magma like color forms in Izo's palm, before carelessly be tossed at the creature. The bat king stares at the small ball in confusion until the small ball sudden increases in size and as a blast of molten volume of molten magma poured out. The Bat King didn't have time to dodge as it turned into ash. The rest of the bats flee in fear and dig deeper into their caves within the mountain.

Not interested in the remaining bats, Izo scours the ground for the dropped Bat items and the Bat King's. Izo finds a cloak that dropped from the Bat King, but it wasn't in her style as it was too vampire-like in her opinion. Humming to herself, Izo continues onto the next floor to continue her shopping.