32. Fabulous five

Walking down the halls of the institute was like sleepwalking before Magnus snapped his fingers and a purple portal stood in the hallway. We made it into his apartment and I lay the comatose boy on the couch, curling into his side. I could feel my energy rapidly fading, to the point where my legs felt like pins and needles.

The hair closest to my face was plastered to the skin of my neck and face from the thin layer of sweat that seemed to cover my body. I was hot but I was cold, odd when that happens because you don't know wether to get a blanket or take an ice bath. For the time being I made myself content with brushing back the dark hair on Alec's forehead.

"Alec where ever you are I want you to know that I'm here." I whispered. "I'm here and I won't ever leave you." My fingers slid to his chest where my hand rested.

"Lilly's in the pond
Flowers in the trees
When you grow up dear
you will be queen"

"Settled by fate dearest
hair of flames,
Light is your blood
Power and strength"

"How do I know this
How do I know?
Because it is fate dearest
Fate of your world" The song came to me, spilling from my lips. I didn't ever remember hearing this until it. It was like a whisper of a memory. Magnus slid the needle into my skin and a light boost of energy kicked up.

"Piper you need to let go when you can no longer move your fingers or toes." Magnus warmed and I nodded, although currently I couldn't move my feet.

Izzy and Clary came in and Jace followed behind, catching sight of his brother. "Alec." Jace said rushing up and I let go, falling onto my back weakly.

He spoke to Alec in a low voice, saying he Parabatai oath. When he stopped Alec's breath hitched, and Piper heard his breath fade away. Jace began to shake, tears forming in his eyes as did Izzy and myself.

"And if death part thee and me-" Alec's voice was faint but still there as he hugged Jace back tightly. The last part was such a whisper that only Jace could hear it.

"Oh thank god." I mummered and Izzy smiled, wiping her tears.

"It wasn't god, it was you Pippi." Izzy took her future Parabatais hand. "You saved him just as much as Jace."

"In the order of the clave, Jace Wayland o sentence you to the city of bones to wait for a trial before the clave." Aldertee came in along with other shadowhunters and seized Jace as Alec leaned back beside me, perspiration gleaming on his pale skin.

"What? No, he saved Alec's Life you Idiot." I groaned but when I tried to move to get up my left leg wouldn't move so I tried to play it off like I hadn't tried to get up. But Magnus caught my eye.

"Be That as it may, he's still a criminal." Aldertee lead Jace to the door who gave in, letting them lead him.

"I need a nap." I groaned resting my eyes shut and sighing a hoarse breath.

when I woke up nothing had changed around me. Except for Izzy was sleeping on a couch across from me and Clary was gone along with Magnus. Alec was sleeping as I looked at my legs, nervously I tried to move my toes, thankfully they moved. I stood up and felt like I was learning to walk before a tight wrist gripped my arm.

"Piper, you think I wouldn't notice that you fried your magic?" Magnus glared keeping his voice low.

"I'm fine, see?" I spun around on my legs and he sighed.

"If you had held on for five seconds longer you might not have been. Your magic, it's almost non-existent now, but at least it can replenish itself." Magnus looked over my face. "If you had burned out all of it, it would be gone for good."