Chapter 26.4 - The Venture Ⅳ

By the time Miles caught up to the party, Izo and the girls were on the 5th floor. Luckily for Miles, the rest of the monsters had been cleared on the floors before him. Or else, he would have been on his own. Miles had been worked himself into such a fury that the time he reaches the 5th floor he is about to explode.

Izo had just finished destroying a sea turtle monster on the 5tj floor and was in the process of gathering the fallen items. Miles stomps towards the fox-masked figure and hatefully yells, "What the hell are you thinking of leaving by leaving me behind you bastard!? These three sluts are my women and they won't fall for your petty antics. And if you think you can take them away from me, you have another thing coming, because they're MINE!"

The three women's fond gazes instantly cool as Miles just realizes that he said his innermost thoughts out loud. "Sorry, I didn't mean it that way, it's that the three of you are very important people to me," Miles hastily backpedaled.

The three women frostily gaze at Miles as Izo kindly says, "Better luck next time pal."

Miles with the entire loathing in his heart glares at the fox-masked figure. "I'm the leader of the party and I say, we go back, or we kick that bastard out. I'm not going to continue with him."

Miriam frostily says, "You're leaving, we're staying." Miles gapes in disbelief and glances at the other two women. Clara is frowning angrily at him, while Tiffany glares with a chilly iciness as her razor-sharp knife glistens ominously in her hand.

"You, you, sluts are going to regret this!" Miles roared before angrily marching away.

The three girls look aghast as Izo pointedly shouts at Miles retreating back, "Just hold on a moment, does that mean you're giving up your share of the items?"

"Yes," Miles lying roared back. Once those sluts and that bastard returned, he would be waiting for them outside of the dungeon! Not only would he get a lawyer involved but the guild itself. By the end of it, those sluts would come begging back to him on their hands and knees. And as for that bastard, that would be the end of him!

Izo smirks as she hides the recording orb in her hand. Knowing small-minded men like Miles, Izo knew that guy would turn around to try to stab her in the back the moment she turned around. That's why she recorded their little conversation since the start. Should that guy try anything the moment, they exited the dungeon, there would be a nasty surprise for him. The guild greatly frowned upon sexual harassment and was quite severe with its punishments for those accused of such things.

The three women glanced apologetically at the fox-masked figure. "No worries, now, let's keep going," Izo calmly stated, before leading the three women onto the next floor.

Their opponent for the 6th floor is a, Aqua Serpent. While Izo was battling with the creature and the three women lending support, Tiffany says with eyes filled with awe, "Our mysterious man is quite cool!" Miranda nods her head in agreement as she continues to fire her blazing arrows.

"Yes, he's quite the gentlemen," Clara said with an evident interest in her eyes.

Izo feels a slight shiver run down her spine as she battles with the serpent and attributes it's to battle combat readiness. That surely must be it. And if not, she really didn't want to know.

The 7th floor held a blue giant Sea Urchins. (Giant Urchins are giant blue ball-shaped monsters with sharp needles growing from their shells and body. The urchins spin at high speeds toward their target to slam their bodies into their enemy or destroy attack with their poisonous needles that shoot out from their spiked bodies.) Maneuvering around said Urchin and killing it took some effort as Izo was unable to use her scythe to crack the damn thing open.

Instead, Izo and the girls resorted to trapping it into a pit to immobilize it and freeze/cook it alive. And so, the girls and Izo continued to work in harmony throughout the rest of the floor until they reached they reached the final dungeon floor with the final boss on the 20th floor. The moment, Izo stepped onto the 20th floor, she took a step back and signaled for the girls to be quiet. "The three of you stay here, you'll only be a liability in my way otherwise," Izo flatly stated before dashing out.

A tidal like wave suddenly bursts from the sea as a Godzilla like creature emerges from the depths of the ocean. The roar it releases shakes the girls who are in the doorway to the floor to their very bones as they hastily cover their ears. Once the roar dies off Tiffany loudly exclaims, "We have to help him!"

Miranda firmly grabs onto Tiffany's shoulder as Clara bites her lips and says, "We'll only get in the way. Stay here." Tiffany unhappily does as she is told as she anxiously watches the fight.They could only stand watch and hope for the best.