Decision

Camille can't seem to find a coherent reason for the way her savior appeared out of the blue. The magic around him, the way he spoke, even with the darkness of the night, she could clearly see an ethereal light surrounding him. Worthy of an angel, just like a guardian angel he appeared to save her from a monster.

"An angel..." Camille whispers to herself. Although submerging into the pleasant memory of this mysterious man, also brings back the nightmares of Steve.

Camille curls up under her blanket to ease the goosebumps rising on her skin. Traumatized by the way Steve looked at her, he has always been violent and distraught. But this time his madness was beyond psychotic, his heart has turned dark, and cold.

The bruises on her face are still visual, her body is still sore. Not wanting to hear people making up stories about it, Camille has opted to skip school and any reason to step out of the house, at least until she can gain back her beaten confidence. Quietly sitting in the living room, blankly staring at the tv. Every day gets more difficult to pretend to be normal when inside she breaks with sadness, a deep sadness that she can't explain. She sighs, flopping herself under the fluffiness of her cover, closing her eyes to keep her frustration hidden.

"How are you feeling?" her mother comes to snuggle with her, taking advantage that it's only the two of them in the house.

Handing her a cup of tea, Camelia smiles tenderly at her daughter. Letting the hot steam tickle her nose, Camille smiles back at her mother. There's that hint of remorse in her tired eyes. Remorse for staying with a monster like Steve for so long. The guilt Camelia carries within herself is more visible now than it has ever been. She knew from the very beginning that to test Camille's resistance, this had to happen, that someone more powerful got to choose this destiny for her, and all she's been able to do is watch and heal her wounds, pretend like she never knew anything.

"I'm sorry," Camelia apologizes to her beloved daughter, to sacrifice her innocence for a greater good is the worst test of endurance in her life. Camille gazes into her mother's eyes, there's something she's not telling her. Something that could help her see what's tearing up her brain.

"I'm fine, mom," Camille reassures her mother. Understanding that she also has a secret, Camille opts to ignore what she sees in Camelia's eyes.

Blankly staring at her cup of tea that shows her blurry reflection, she looks exhausted and confused. Disturbed by the darkness slowly approaching her from behind, the voices in her head every time get louder and louder.

"I really believe you'll be..." Camille murmurs. She has known all along how special Camille is, and where she has been the time she disappeared.

Camelia feels hopeless at the sight of her daughter losing the meaning of her life; seeing how she slowly fades away into somewhere she could never bring her back from, but she has to let her go. This time was long coming, the moment Camille finds out who and what she really is, it's closer than ever. She sighs and hugs her tightly.

"What is it?" Camille asks noticing Camelia's emotional heartbeat. A feeling only a mother who's losing her daughter can feel.

"Mom..." Camille murmurs trying to ignore the sharp stab in her throat.

Noticing the strange sentiment in her mother's touch as she caresses her face. The light of her eyes seems to hold painful tears, desperation, and pain screaming deeply in her soul.

"My Camille, I'm so sorry for not being strong enough to fight them... But I know you are stronger than they are than we would ever be..." Camelia says fixing her daughter's hair. Eyes full of love and compassion, she smiles the saddest smile Camille has ever seen, carving her chest.