Chapter 83: My...*Sigh*...Debut

Looking off into oblivion, I sighed. My hand was on my chin as I stared at the wall, face contemplative and showing I wasn't looking forward to this at all.

Today was the Blessed Day, and it was time to go out of my room and go to the debut. Why they chose to hold a small thing like that on an international holiday, I had no clue.

It was early in the morning, and there was a three hour tea party waiting for me with little girls and boys that I would for sure not going to get along with.

I was glaring out the window as Mother and Grandfather drove me over there, none of the other children coming because they were past that type of thing. It was for five year olds only.

"Fir, what are you so angry about?" Mother was incredulously staring at me, having never experienced a moody daughter before.

"Why do I have to go to this?" I was pouting and staring at the cobblestones as they passed by. We were going to some noble's house, someone who was hosting this for us children as we mingle together. "Why can't I stay home, or visit Severo? Can I go to Kitri instead? There are lots of Fae children there, I can make friends with them." They are all people I wouldn't mind meeting, since they are likely to be humble, intelligent because of age or racial features, and with parents I haven't arrested.

"Firea," Grandfather sighed himself, having heard me make the same excuses for the last few weeks. "You know you can't get out of this. It's for your future, and every noble child has to do it regardless of status."

"Even associate baron children?" I countered. That was a very low position, making me wonder if the haughty nobles would dare come into contact with such poverty.

"Even them, as per recently. The king declared as such so that society would start experiencing a balance, as titles are raised and more capable people are put in place. We need this, and knowing you, you will have a lot of impact on these people if you continue to be friendly with them in the future."

"What if Knight swoops in and busts their parents for being Demon summoners or black magic users?" I felt a small smirk come up at that. "For the sake of safety, do I still have to get to know them?"

Grandfather's face showed that he was not amused. Mother was covering her face with one hand while restraining herself from setting the carriage on fire, since lately she's been so emotional her magic is out of control sometimes. It's a common thing, for emotions to influence magic.

It was uncommon that such a powerful Mage like Mother experienced that elementary defect.

"Firea, if you bring this sort of attitude to the party then we'll have to restrict your magic again," Mother spoke with a strict glare from under her hands.

"Pft, go ahead and try," I rolled my eyes.

"Firea! You are not a teenager, but a five year old! Please act your age!" Mother snapped at me.

"It should be the other way around in the first place!" I crossed my arms and glowered at the floor, ruffling the dress I'd been reluctant to wear. It was bright yellow, embarrassing and unwanted to me. Out of all the things I didn't want to do, I did not want to go to a children's party. That's like telling me I was going to work all weekend for someone I hated, no pay.

It was that bad.

I, in my other world, never liked children. At all costs I would avoid them, unless it came to Takuya's little sister. Others were just snot-nosed brats that were nothing but trouble, like my siblings when they were younger. I even died because of one, that little boy with his mother and sister back in Tokyo.