Chapter 31

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oliver~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was very happy to take Sam to my parents' place for the first time. She was looking absolutely gorgeous. I could clearly see nervousness on her face, which was quite natural. As we entered the room, Romanov Gonzalez came over to greet me and took me with him for socializing. I didn't want to leave Sam, but couldn't refuse him. Although Sam assured me that she would be fine, I knew she won't be. I wanted to complete the formalities ASAP to return to Sam, but to my dismay, people were pouring over one by one.

"Hey Oliver, if I am not mistaken, isn't she your personal assistant?" Romanov asked in a low tone.

"Yes, she is. We are together", I replied.

"Together? You mean, you are dating her?"

"Yes!", I said proudly.

"Not bad man. She looks like a lovely girl. But is your mom ok with it?"

"Er.. I think she'll be fine."

As we were chatting, I saw Julianne taking Sam upstairs with her. She was surely taking her to Mom, which was not a good idea.

"Excuse me gentlemen", I said and quickly ran behind them excusing myself from there, but was midway when someone else caught me on the way and I was again dragged into the middle of all the guests. I hoped for nothing to go wrong as I watched them disappear into the crowd.

                      *********

I was shocked to see the way mom behaved with Sam. It must have hurt her a lot. I knew mom didn't want me to be with her, but I never expected her to be so vocal about her hatred towards Sam.

As I stood before the cake with knife in my hands I looked around desperately searching for her, but couldn't find her in all this crowd. I didn't want all this. I just wanted to run back to my Sam as soon as possible. And as if my mom's rudeness was not enough, she pushed Julianne to stand beside me as I cut the cake. Poor Julianne! I knew it was no fault of her, so I kept my cool.

As soon as the cake cutting was done and the guests dispersed, I turned towards Claire, "Claire, did you see her?"

"No Ollie, I can't find her. I'm afraid that she has already left."

"What? No. She can't leave without me. Let me call her", I said and moved to a corner to call Sam.

I called her again and again, but her phone kept ringing. She didn't pick my call. It was my fault after all. I shouldn't have brought her to the party. Hell! I shouldn't have come to this meaningless party myself.

"Ollie, did you call her", Claire asked.

"Yes I did. But she didn't pick up", I brushed my creased forehead with my thumb and said, " Claire, I'm going after her. I think you were right. She left."

"You are not going anywhere", Mom said furiously who was standing right next to Claire now.

"Mom please, isn't it enough that I attended this party and met all the guests? And besides that you shouldn't have talked to Sam so rudely."

"I was rude? Really? She asked Julianne to take her to me. She wanted to show me that I am no threat to her." Mom was being typical Vamp right now.

"What are you saying mom? She didn't want to show anything."

"Really, why don't you ask Julianne", she said and then called Julianne who was talking to one of my business partners.

"Mom, you don't need to drag Julianne in this.", Claire stole words from my mouth.