Chapter 27.4 - The Day Ⅳ

Izo watches the magma clear warily until a large crack is heard as a figure bursts out of the cooled lava without a problem.

Fria smiles and says, "My, my, you're certainly temperamental."

Izo instantly flies back as Fria leaps from the ground and says, "Lighting Glory!" A blaze of light hurtles at Izo as Izo brings up her scythe to dodge and parry. Knowing that Fria is about to close in Izo activates Self-substance. Fria smashes her spear into Izo and sends Izo flying towards the lake. A large spray of water flies into the air as Izo crashes into the depths of the lake.

Fria floats overhead as she watches the lake warily for a moment, before suddenly retreating backward to the astonishment of those on the cliff side. Suddenly the lake surges upward to form a giant spiraling water dragon that opens's its mouth to engulf Fria. Fria narrows her eyes and unleashes Piercing Slash! Fria expertly brings her spear downward and splits the water serpent in half causing the water to slash all over the valley.

However, under the cover of the water, Izo emerges from behind Fria and places her scythe just under Fria's neck. "I think I win," Izo drily stated.

Fria smiles as Izo eyes widen as Izo drops to the ground. Izo doesn't drop down fast enough as the fake image of Fria disappears, and Fria stabs her spear into Izo's shoulder. Fria smiles and says, "Not bad, I thought you fell for it, but I guess you do have some battle experience after all."

Izo on the ground heals herself as she tunnels into the ground for some time to prepare her next attack. Fria waits but nothing happens causing her to frown. "If you think to escape, it won't be that easy," Fria happily commented.

Darting at the ground Fria unleashes Earth strike causing the entire valley ground to crack open. But the moment the ground cracked a giant earth hand burst from the ground as an earth elemental rises. Fria instantly is smashed into the far-off mountain by the unexpected blow.

Smiling Fria says, "My, my, it would seem I underestimated you. You're quite the versatile mage as well. It would seem you possess a type of dual-class that allows you to wield both classes. Well, in that case, allow me to show you my own magic abilities." Fria instantly casts Wind Seraph and a wind elemental appears in the sky. Both elementals smash towards each other destroying anything in their way or path.

Harry Drake murmurs, "What the hell, are you kidding me?! That's just not fair!"

Olivia narrows her eyes and drily comments, "I don't think I've ever seen Instructor Fria use both of her abilities at the same time."

"Maybe not for you," Rin boldly declared causing Olivia to glare at him. The two of them glare at each other enough to cause sparks with their fierce gazes. Leo keeps quiet and his thoughts to himself as he continues to watch the ongoing battle.

Fria darts around trying to sense Izo since she had completely disappeared. Suddenly from the lake Ice hurtles at Fria who is overhead the lake. Unable to dodge for the first time in battle, Fria takes some damage as a scythe hurls out of the lake towards Fria.

Fria parries the scythe with her spear, but too late notices the figure of Izo before her. With full force, Izo slams her fist into Fria's neck and twists. A large crack is heard as Fria's neck is at a weird angle, but just as swiftly begins to heal.

Izo darts for her fallen scythe as Fria neck finishes healing and rather crossly darts for Izo. The moment Izo wraps her fingers around her scythe she uses "Quick Flicker," on the ground. The earth turns into blocks as Izo slams the end of her scythe against them and slams them forward like hockey pucks.

Fria dodges some of them, while other's smash into her face and hands with great efficacy. By the time Fria is clear, Izo is already up in the air once more as she finishes chanting, her spell, "Mrt D'imsible Spada."

Fria halts as the air is suddenly filled with thousands of impossibly large glowing crimson swords that appear out of the sky and hurtle towards her as the blades grow larger and larger as they fall. Fria slams into the ground and chants as quickly as possible and unleashes, "Shield of the Heavens," the strongest of the Valkyrie magical shields. With a loud roaring clash, the blades smash into the glowing shield creating a large cloud of dust unable to reveal whether the attack had worked.

Izo tiredly pants in the air as she fights to keep the smile on her face. She couldn't remember the last time she had fought someone with all of her strength. It had been quite fun and exhilarating.

Suddenly the dust clears to reveal the slightly wounded figure of Fria. Fria smiles and says, "It's your win for today as you did wound me," and pointed at her bleeding arm. "By the way what was that spell?"

"Mrt D'imsible Spada," Izo tiredly replied. "I didn't win, I think it was more of a tie."

Fria snorts and says, "I can't remember the last time one of the kid's wounded me. No, at least for today, it's your win. But don't worry, I won't make the mistake of going easy of you next time."

"I was afraid of that," Izo ruefully replied.

Fria then floats up and easily lands on the cliff. Smiling at the four, Fria says, "Now that is how I expect you to fight. Of course, our lovely Izo here is a dual user, but you can tell, she's worked hard to combine both skills. All of you possess both magic and physical skills to some degree. Use them and combine like I've been telling you."

Izo had put her scythe away during the lecture and landed on the cliff a short distance away. Fria turns towards Izo with a smile and says, "Now let's have dinner. But first a bath in the hot springs."

"Oh, but I'm fine," Izo politely declined but to her horror, Izo finds herself being dragged away by Fria.

"Nonsense, this is how warriors get to know each other," Fria cheerfully said. Izo is unable to protest as Fria firmly drags her away and out of sight.

The three men reflexively glance at Olivia who is blushing. "Get your mind out of the gutter, she just wants to chat and relax! Perverts!" Olivia growled before stomping away.

"Aw, lucky," Harry complained out loud.

Rin snorts and says, "I don't know about that, but I'm hitting the showers." Leo only snorts in reply and follows, while Harry sadly trails after them. In Harry's humble opinion, it's always the girls who had all the luck.