Chapter 27.5 - The Day Ⅴ

Izo had somehow survived the baths without drowning nor being talked to death. For such a fierce fighter, Fria was quite the chatterbox. Having made it back her room, Izo found Pucca hiding under the bed being glared at by the pink jelly. The moment, Izo appeared the pink jelly happily bobbed towards and spat something out onto the bed. The pink jelly proudly looks up at Izo as Izo stares at the item covered in invisible pink jelly spit and germs.

Carefully keeping her face blank, Izo takes the bracelet and says, "Why thank you, but is this for me?"

The pink jelly happily bobs its head as Izo stares at the black bracelet that had skulls and crossbones on it with thorny vines twisting around it. "How thoughtful," Izo drily mused out loud as she puts the bracelet on her left hand. The bracelet suddenly moves down her hand and shrinks onto her finger all on its own. "So, this is a ring?" Izo asked for further verification.

The pink jelly merely coos at her and settles on her head in reply. "Okay, but what does it do?" Izo asked the pink jelly.

The pink jelly merely snuggles on her head and says, "Cookies?"

Izo suddenly remembers the promise that she made long ago if luck wasn't bad during the lottery. Sighing, Izo climbs to her feet and says, "Fine, but no glaring at Pucca. Pucca's just my lackey." The pink jelly lets out a happy chirp as Pucca from under the bed lets out a sound of relief.

Pucca warily climbs out and says, "I'm hungry."

Izo allows Pucca to climb onto her shoulder as the pink jelly warningly eyes Pucca in warning. Pucca merely lays low as Izo heads back out towards the kitchen. The staff is aghast, but Izo states that she had vowed to make cookies to her god. As such the staff is in a flurry to help Izo create the greatest batch of cookies ever seen. Whether they were the greatest cookies the world had ever seen or not, Izo would never know, because the moment the cookies were done, the pink jelly ate the entire cookie tray with tray and all.

The pink jelly let out a cute burp and then lands on Izo's hand. Izo sighs and turns to apologise's to the kitchen staff. The kitchen staff is thrilled and certain that they were being blessed by the God. Giving up, Izo just leaves as the staff bows low to the pink jelly.

To Izo's rescue emerges Odin who firmly drags the pink jelly off of Izo. The pink jelly lets out a throe of protests as Odin says, "Did Cthulhu explain anything to you?"

"What's with the ring?" Izo asked.

Odin sighs and says, "It's to keep your other abilities in check and to hide your existence from other God's eyes. Because sooner or later they will check you and in this manner, you will be safe."

"Well, that's a bit of relief, but what's going to happen now?" Izo asked.

"You will train until it is time for the champion courts. However, feel free to enjoy yourself and see the rest of Mount Olympus. But I do caution you to not to get into any altercations with any opposing champions. Sooner or later, they will test the waters and accidents have been known to happen before the Champion courts open," Odin warily stated.

Izo nods her head in understanding and says, "Will more champions be joining us here?"

"No, it's too dangerous to keep so many champions under one room as we may attract trouble that way. No, it will be just you five that will reside here and other's in groups in different places spread out among our faction," Odin grumbled.

"Now, go and have dinner," Odin exclaimed, before forcefully dragging the struggling figure of the pink jelly away.

Izo happily makes her way to the dinner table to see Fria there. With a smile, Fria says, "You can sit next to me or Leo." Without hesitation, Izo sits next to Fria as Fria pouts until Olivia arrives and sits next to her.

The food is then served before them as Izo picks at her food unable to understand the reason for her unable to eat in peace. Did she dislike Leo that much? But he seemed quite nice and sweet even and just a tad cute.

Izo almost chokes at her own thoughts. She didn't like him, did she?! Izo warily glances at Leo but doesn't feel the butterflies or anything like that in her stomach. Satisfied, that it all must all be in her head Izo reaches for a bread roll as does Leo.

Izo pulls her hand away as if on fire while Leo just ignores her. Frowning Izo grabs a bread roll and pointedly ignores the sensitive sensation still felt on her arm. It was just in her head!

Sitting across from Izo is the mage, Harry Drake, and the mystical arts practitioner, Rin. In an effort to distract herself, Izo says, "So, how long have you been here?"

Harry happily says, "Just a week, while the rest of them arrived two weeks ago."

Rin suddenly interjects, "Your techniques are a bit unorthodox, but there are mystical arts signatures in your combat style."

"I meant an old man once, who taught me a few his skills," Izo truthfully replied, which was the strange truth.

Rin nods his head sagely and says, "There are many mystical arts practitioners who travel the world in search of battles or enlightenment."

Izo shrugs as Leo says, "But you are attacking far too wide apart and your magical attacks are easy to interrupt."

Izo drily says, "Yes, thus hence the reason for training."

Harry watches the two of them staring rather violently at each other and leans over to whisper to Rin. "Maybe it's just me, but I think those two like each other and don't know how to deal with it," Harry whispered.

"They wouldn't be the first couple to do so," Rin remarked, before digging into his food. It wasn't his problem as long as their emotions didn't affect him or his god. Love is for weirdos.