Family

-unedited-

Eva Mendes as Mariah Jason

Sonia's POV

Two weeks had passed by since Norah's dinner. These past two weeks have been amazing. Everything is perfect. Sam and I are happy. I hope it stays this way forever.

This morning Sam had left to go deal with something. I'm guessing it's work, hopefully, business. I always wondered about the agency. I wanted him to show me the place, the people he works with and the number of people he's dealt with. I wonder if it's like the movies, obviously more realistic. It sucks that I couldn't tell anyone. This was huge to keep in! Usually I'd tell Norah or Sierra about stuff like this but unfortunately, I couldn't. Their lives will be at stake and I couldn't let that happen.

The doorbell brought me out of my thoughts. I walked over to the door and opened it. I couldn't believe who I was looking at.

"Mariah!" I squeal then pull her into a hug.

"Sonny!" She screams through my hair.

I pull back and take a look at her.

"Oh, sweetheart I've missed you! Where's my niece!?" I say looking at her.

"I'm here auntie Sonia!" She chirps from behind her mother.

"Oh princess, I've missed you too!" She jumps into my arms. I kiss her cheeks and her giggles.

"Come in!" I say and we walk towards the living room.

Meet Mariah Jason, My cousin. Mariah and I grew up together, We're basically sisters. Growing up Mariah lived next door so we were basically living together. Mariah has been by my side since day one. She means the world to me. Mariah and her husband Zack had moved to Central City about 2 years ago. I didn't get to see her as much anymore. Her 4-year-old daughter DonnaJoe. Donna for short is the gorgeous little girl, she takes after her mother. Her chocolate brown eyes and cute button nose, and her beautiful brown hair.

"Mar why didn't you call! I could've picked you guys up from the airport!" I say with Donna on my hip.

"We wanted to surprise you. SURPRISE" she jokes.

"What a lovely surprise! I've missed you two so much!" I say happily twirling Donna giggles.

"To make up for missing your wedding..." she grins

"Haha nice try, you're not getting away with it so easily. I'm still mad at you." I pout, turning around facing the other way.

Donna laughs "You look funny Auntie" she pokes my nose. I laugh.

"Sorry Sonny, Zack had a lot of work to do and Donna was sick. I'm so sorry." I could tell she was truly upset about it.

"Hey don't worry about it. I understand. You'll make up for it when the twins are born" I grin.

She excitedly looks up at me and jumps.
"NO WAY! YOUR PREGNANT AND WITH TWINS!" She screams. I laugh.

"Let me take a look at you" she backs away and gasps, her hands immediately go to her mouth.

"Oh my gosh, I noticed you gained weight but I didn't see this... you look adorable! I'm finally going to become an Aunt!" She screams then hugs me.

"Yes you are, Donna here will finally have someone to play with," I say tickling her.

"You're going to be a great mother, one I've always imagined you to be." She places her hands on my bump.

"Oh stop! You're going to make me cry" I say pulling her in for another hug.