Chapter 12 - Not out but about

"I got jet lag and I never even left the ground
See it's like that every time you come around
Oh, I'm so hung over and I never even touched a drop
See I can't get enough
This must be love"

Harley's P.O.V.

Dinner was torture. Me and Alix spent the entire time trying to avoid each other's gaze and George and mom where just asking random questions about school.

How can she think that I would ever do this to her? Even if she doesn't trust me, which I can understand at some degree, even though she knows I ended it with every other girl,... most of all, why would I risk everything that is important to me just to be with her? She knows how hard it's been with our parents and she knows I told my grandma about her. If she was just another girl then why would I do that?

Right now I'm just frustrated. It seems like every time we are okay, something or someone has to ruin it all.

So here I was, in my room, with the phone in my hand, still trying to decide if I call her and try to make things right. I feel stupid, why do I keep chasing her when she's clearly running away from me either way?

Because you're falling for her in ways you could never think of before, because there's nothing in this world you want more than to be with her and make her happy.

Fuck! Me! Ok, that is it, I'm just going to call her and try to make things right.

Just as I looked down at my phone again, I got a new message.

1 new message from Liam

Hey H. want to hang out for a bit today? I really miss spending time just the two of us.

I smiled a bit, I've missed hanging out with this dork as well, maybe that's exactly what I need, a bit of time away from this mess.

I gave Liam a quick response, telling him I'd pick him up in 20 minutes. I got my stuff and got out of my room. In the living room, Mom and George were watching tv, and Alix stood at the entrance of the kitchen drinking water and watching tv from affar as well.

I looked at her for a second before looking at our parents.

- "Hey, mom, I'm going to go and spend some time with Liam ok? I'll be home soon."

My mom looked at me for a second, nodded and smiled.

- "Yeah, ok honey, have fun." She said and turned back to the tv, cuddling more to George's side.

Alix looked at me with a raised eyebrow and had a mad look on her face, I ignored it and went to the main door. I could hear George asking Alix if she was going out as well but couldn't hear the answer.

When I climbed on my bike and was prepared to put my helmet on and leave, Alix came out of the front door, almost running.

- "Harley, wait!" She said coming up to me now and resting a hand on my arm.