36: A Significant Character

A relieved breath escaped her lips once she got inside the cab

A relieved breath escaped her lips once she got inside the cab. Lisa closed her eyes and brought her phone out from her pocket. The second she did, Yugyeom's name flashed on the screen. She immediately swiped the accept option and put the phone up against her ear.

"Where the hell are you?!" His loud and shaky voice resounded from the other line.

"I got lost I'm sorry," she lied ㅡ pathetically, might she add.

"For an hour? Oh please Lisa! Do you know how worried I am? I'm seconds away from calling your brother! Iㅡ"

"Please don't," she nearly begged. "Okay truth is, my Coach called me. The maintenance of our school is doing the general cleaning today and he told me to get my stuff from our locker room. I had to quickly go because they're about to clean the pool area."

She can't believe how fast she came up with such believable lie. If anyone told her she would be this good at lying, she would definitely feel insulted.

How did she even become this type of person? Deciding impulsively on her own, keeping secrets from her family, disobeying her brother, lying and agreeing on deals with people she should never trust! Wow Lalisa, where are your principles?

But then another part of her would immediately contradict everything. She's doing this to protect everyone dear to her. All this time, they've been sacrificing a lot and forgetting about living normally just to protect her and make Kwon Jiyong fall. It's her turn to make a move.

"Fine. I was just worried, you're not answering my calls. Come back quickly, Jennie's awake." With that, she could finally smile once again.

●○●○

She almost ran out of the lift once it slid open and saw BTS ㅡ minus Jungkook, plus Yugyeom ㅡ waiting outside Jennie's room.

"Where have you been Liz? The girls are waiting inside," Yoongi said, gesturing at the door. She glanced at Yugyeom and found the guy already looking at her. He didn't tell them? She asked herself internally. It was like Yugyeom heard the unsaid question because he just nodded, reassuring her.

She turned away from them and sauntered inside the room, immediately seeing the three girls talking with smiles on their faces. "Finally! Where have you been?" Rosé exclaimed as she stood beside Jen's bed.

"I just need to fix something," she vaguely replied and to prevent any more questions, she averted her attention to Jen. "You're awake," she unbelievably said.

"Someone like me doesn't die that easy," the girl smirked. Of course, Kim Jennie being Kim Jennie. Lisa's eyes looked down to her hand and saw the ring still there, making her smile.