one

a / n : 

so here it is! colin and sadie are my otp and i'm absolutely excited to write their story. please keep in mind that there'll be none of the lyrical language i used in no hard feelings, particularly because this story will be told in colin's pov.

the teaser from the previous part was inspired by a prompt i saw online. i've had codie's story in mind for almost 6 months but never knew where to start until i saw that prompt. the teaser is the first thing i'd ever written for this story.

so, yeah!! welcome to #codie's story. i hope you love them as much as i do. love you!!

  ◇  

o n e

THE CITY ALWAYS seemed too loud to Colin. That was one thing he didn't like about living here.

He grew up in a small beach town, where the quiet seemed to seep into his bones. Rivermount only ever becomes busy during the summer, and even then, it was never like this.

The city isn't simply just loud. It's alive, with busy streets that never sleep. It didn't seem too bad during Colin's first year in college. As a freshman, he lived in one of the dorms inside the campus, far from the beating heart of the city; where the constant traffic of people poking in and out of twenty-four-hour food joints was ever present.

When sophomore year rolled around, he began renting a small apartment a few minutes away from campus, together with his two (and only) friends, one of whom was taking the same major as him and the other he met from his part-time tutoring job. Not that he needed a job, to be honest.

Not to say that he hates it here, really. He can live with the noise. It's actually a lot less noticeable now, like it somehow grew on him in the past two years of his college life. He's done pretty well for himself, all things considered.

"Ready to head out?"

Colin looks up and sees Perry, leaning sideways against the doorframe. It's a Friday night, and as per usual, he and his friends made plans to eat out for the night. Their midterms are looming just around the corner, but it's the calm before the storm, and they're determined to make use of this time to have fun.

"Just a sec," he replies, trying to locate one of his shoes from the messy pile of footwear lumped together by the door.

If his mother were to see their shoes strewn all over the floor, he would never hear the end of it. They never bothered to buy a shoe rack. Much like they never bothered to buy a couch, or anything really. What little furniture they had were things they brought from home or stuff the previous renters left: the two dusty bean bag chairs, the small coffee table, the rustic shelf.

"Do you remember Lauren?" Perry asks him as they descend down the stairs, the keys jangling in his hands. "From last week."

"Was that the one with brown hair?"

"Yeah. She's pretty cute, right?"

Colin shrugs. "I guess?"

Perry perks up. "I heard she was asking about you," he says, not so subtly nudging him with his elbow. "I could get her number for you."

"I don't want it," he abruptly dismisses.

To say he isn't flattered would be a lie. The girl really did look cute. She was pretty funny, too, as far as he could tell last week. They met her last week at one of the bars they frequented, along with some of her friends.