chapter 7

Unedited.

"What's up with you?" Your mom questioned at the kitchen island where you sat, munching on toast and cream cheese.

Your face had been unbearably warm since you had woken up this morning. You just couldn't focus on anything else but the thought of Jungkook.

"Nothing, I'm just happy I finally got some sleep last night."

"Really? It didn't have anything to do with that cute boy that came over last night?" From your peripheral line of vision you could see what you assume is your father's head dart out from the kitchen entrance.

Trying not to make it so obvious, you respond with a small shrug of your shoulders. "Maybe. He made me a new dream catcher. It's so beautiful, he said it's from a rare bird." You take note of the uniquely golden tented feathers you spent most of the night gazing at as it hung above you.

"Oh my, he's basically part of the family already." Your mom gushed. "I mean how many boys would do that? It's rare. Your dad only ever gave me materialistic things when we started dating." A muffled snort was heard from the entrance.

"Oh your grandmother is going to love him! He doesn't speak much though does he?" You partially spaced out as your mom rambled on. There was one thing in particular that she mentioned that had the wheels in your head turning.

"Well he's mute but why did you just bring up grandmother?"

"Really?" She said surprised. "Is it selective? What a shame I bet he-"

"Mom." You cut through her talking once more. A slightly guilty expression had formed over her features. "Is grandmother coming over?"

Your moms eyes brown eyes widened and darted around the room. "Oh you're talking to me?" She laughed awkwardly and pointed towards herself.

With knitted eyebrows you nod slowly. "Um yeah..."

"Okay the jig is up." She throws her arms up, surrendering.

"Your grandmothers going to be staying with us for a while. You happy? Gosh why not beat it out of me?" She muttered.

Your eyes widened. "What? How long?"

Of course you loved your grandmother but she was crazy, absolutely bat shit crazy. Your mother gained much of her personality but thankfully she didn't take it that far. Every year on your birthday instead of giving you a typical present or money your Grandmother had always given you herbs and crystals, with the traditional tarot card reading too of course.

"Well she kind of burned half of her house down, so give or take a year?"

"A year!"

"What the fuck?! You said it would just be a couple of months!" Your dad flashed around the corner, where he was eavesdropping.

"Oh would you look at the time! You've got school and you've got work!" Your suddenly called out, pushing the both of you out the door, handing you and your dad the keys as she did so.

"This is bullshit." You mutter.

"Tell me about it. At least she doesn't hate you and nag about your unethical job and working as a trash man would be more 'beneficial to the environment'." Your dad sighs.

"Dad. The guest bedroom is beside mine." You solemnly point out.

"Okay you win. See you later. Maybe. I might try to stay late tonight." Your dad throws up a peace sign before sliding into his car and driving off.

Wow, Dad of the year everybody.

With a deep sigh you get into your car and make your way to school.

The weather was a sullen as your mood, dark clouds rolled in and string winds pulled at the trees. What was really strange to you was how the weather outside weather seemed to match the interior of the school.

Students mumbled amongst themselves or some just carried on with there own business, not a smile in sight.

You made a beeline to your locker, opening the steel door you put your backpack up and gathered whatever you need for your first class.

At your peripheral you noticed a slow figure making its way over to you. Assuming it was just your locker neighbor you ignored it. Closing the door, you spun around and came face to face with a wild mess of hair, faintly reminding you of the Grudge you jump a whole foot back.

"What the fuck happened to you?"

"B-bubbles disapeared last night. I took him to the backyard and I waited but he never came. I checked e-everywhere there were no holes and the fence was closed." Ami blubbered, slowly looking up and messily pushing the ball of untamed hair out of her face.

You love Ami with all of your heart, she's your best friend and that'll never change but at this most you wanted nothing more than to push her hair forward to cover her face back up and walk away.

She was the definition of a train wreck right now. Her face was pale and bare and her swollen eyes were taking up half of her face.

"Okay Ami. Deep breaths. I'm sure he'll come back. Remember last time I tried to take him an a walk and he cried every time his paws scimmed concrete. Theres no way he'll get far. Hes probably at home right now."

Ami sniffles. "You're right." A light smile makes an appearance on your face.

"I'm leaving. I'll call you later." Your face deops and Ami leaves before you can open your mouth.

Well fuck.

You stood stock still as the bell rang, contemplating just walking out of here and ditching too.

"I feel the same." A sigh comes from beside you.

Your vision flickers to the body next to yours and your eyes only slightly widened in Surprise.

"If I could leave I would've done so ages ago but my brother would kill me. Parental figures are such a pain in the ass." He lazily rolls his head back so he can look at you.

Your heart understandably sped as your gazes clash. His deep brown iris's peak at you in interest, most likely mirroring yours.

A long moment came when the both of you just stared, accessing one anothers features, familiarizing each other. There was no awkward or uncomfortable feeling in the air just a calm wave, both of your bodies slouched in a relaxed manner.

His pale skin contrasted with his raven colored hair in such an enchanting way. He was surreal just like the rest of his friends, not an imperfection or blemish in sight. His ora is a lot more suttle and mysterious but attractive non the less.

"You look a lot more healthy. Like you've slept well." Yoongi comments.

"I did."

"That sounds good right now." He says thoughtfully. "We have two classes together and I'm failing both because I can't stay awake. If you help me I'll have your back. Whatever you need, I'll make sure you have it."

You frowned in confusion, curiosity just below the surface. "Why can't you just stay awake? I'm not trying to sound like a dick but that sounds a lot easier than endebting yourself to a stranger."

"I have suffer from Hypersomnia. I can't help it. I can assure you, you'll be a lot bigger help to me than you think. Deal?"

"You're a strange guy Yoongi but I've met stranger. Deal." You say, honestly confused more than ever before but what could be the harm in helping out this kid?

Short chapter I hope you guys liked Yoongi. Just be patient darlings I'll be revealing more of their personalities soon.

Oh and to help you guys get a better image of your mom she's basically Phoebe Boffay from Friends