89. Gone

89. Gone

POV: Rei

I woke up feeling unsettled.

Not for the reason I had before I passed out-- but for something else. Something felt off. Wrong. Strange. Just-- missing.

...That aside,

My arms were slung over something and I was leaning forward-- is this a piggyback-- 

Regaining my surroundings, I realized everyone was here-- the battlers, the non-fighting party, everyone, and we were all walking towards one certain direction.

"Ah, Takeshi." I realized, "Good morning?"

Everyone came to an abrupt halt.

"Rei!" Takeshi reacted first, turning around.

Then Tsuna rushed over, "Rei-san, are you okay?" he started, "Like, okay okay? Do you feel sick, are you hurt, do you need a hospital or-?"

"Tsuna-san," I had to use an honorific in resignation, "That's my line."

Everyone was badly hurt, Tsuna included. They were all exhausted and covered in wounds-- 

I sighed. "The battle's over, I guess, and--"

Looking around, My eyes softened as I realized neither Yuni nor Gamma were around. In fact, all seven arcobaleno were around now. 

"Uhm, Rei-san, actually..." Tsuna seemed hesitant, swallowing every word. "Yuni and Gamma are..." he couldn't continue the sentence. Stopping for a long moment, his eyes glued to the ground, he started a new sentence instead. "And Russo-san is..."

That last part made my eyes widen. Before Tsuna even finished his sentence, my head swerved around.

"I'll be heading over to the Gokudera and Lal side of things. What about you?"

Russo? Where's-- but no, there was no sight of the black-haired male in a black trench coat.

"Bye,"  

"Tsuna," my voice was serious and stern, "Where's... Where's Russo?"

My grip on Takeshi's shoulder clenched, and my stomach fell at the sudden, devastating realization.

That question made Tsuna flinch back, and he couldn't find the words anymore. He couldn't bring it out of him to do so.

And that silence was answer enough.

-

-

"Anyone seen Rei?"

"Rei-san!"

"I can't find him anywhere!"

In a corner of the base, clutching Sui in my arms and burying my face into her shoulder, I brooded. Sitting down, the both of us were just silently being alone together.