Chapter 34 Part 1

HUDSON

The moment Boston had said that everyone knew Alexis was marked, I knew my mother was going to go crazy with excitement.

But this.....this was beyond what I had expected from her.

Of course, Boston thought the whole situation was amusing and was even giving his input on my mother's plans.

"What do you think, Boston? Red or pink roses?" My mom asked, holding up both flowers to his face as he tapped his chin in thought.

"Red," he nodded, "They would look more formal with the white decorations."

My mom looked back and forth between the two roses, and I took the moment of silence to get my answers, "Mom, what is this?"

She glanced up momentarily and frowned, "What's wrong, dear? This is for the Luna ceremony."

"Yes, but I was under the impression that we wouldn't have it for a few more days. There's so much planning involved."

She dismissed my words with a wave of her hand, "That's nonsense, Hudson. You should know by now that I've been waiting for this moment for years. I have everything planned out and ready to go."

I opened my mouth to protest but she walked away to yell at some poor wolves who had stopped working.

"You would think this was my damn wedding or something," I muttered, giving Boston a deathly glare when he started laughing. He shrugged and patted my back, "Well, you know what they say. The Luna ceremony is like half a wedding for an Alpha."

I groaned quietly and watched my mother race across the room excitedly, "I just hope that Alexis is okay with my mom taking over the planning."

***

I was hoping to walk home to a nice quiet house where I could just spend some time with Alexis before the ceremony, but of course, it was like the Moon Goddess was against me today. Instead of shock, I felt an overwhelming need to puke and gouge my eyeballs out at the outrageous activity taking place on my living room couch.

Breydon and Lucy.

My poor couch.

I slammed my keys on the table and the sharp sound of the metal clanging snapped them from their make-out session. Lucy blushed and straightened her shirt out as Breydon fixed his hair and gave me a smirk.

My glare intensified, but he didn't flinch once. Lucy cleared her throat and mumbled incoherently before rushing up the stairs like her pants were on fire.

Breydon got up and sauntered over to me, "Nice mark you've got there. It seems like Alexis really dug her teeth in."

I rolled my eyes, "I get it. You're my sister's mate and all but don't do stuff where I can see. Especially not on my couch." 

"Hey, at least I didn't mark my mate in the kitchen for the whole world to see."

I growled lowly, but that smug smirk didn't drop from his face.

"Hudson?"

I turned around to face my beautiful mate who was staring at me with a bit of concern and confusion.

Her dark brown eyes looked back and forth between the two of us as if she was expecting us to break into a fight at any moment.

"Is everything okay?" She asked softly. I wrapped an arm around her waist and tugged her into my chest, pressing my lips to her sweet-smelling hair.