xlvi.

"That corner first, and then that corner, and then this corner, and then that corner," Jimin instructed softly, clutching the blanket to his chin while peeping over it to see if Namjoon was tucking him in correctly.

"Like this?"

"No, the other one goes before that one."

Namjoon tried again, but Tae finally stepped in to demonstrate, fixing the blankets.

Jimin hummed happily, vibrating inside his blanket nest as Tae ruffled his hair and gave him a kiss on his forehead, holding his bangs back so they wouldn't get in the way.

Then Tae turned to Namjoon. "That's how Mommy does- did it. That's how he likes it, okay?"

Namjoon nodded, watching Tae climb back into his own bed, pretending like he was fine, but Namjoon knew that Tae had a soft spot for Jimin and was always trying to take care of him.

But then who will take care of Tae?

Namjoon gave Jimin a kiss on the forehead, to which Jimin squeezed his eyes shut and giggled, before going over to Jungkook's bed. "Night night," Namjoon whispered, and Jungkook cooed softly at him as Namjoon gave Jungkook a kiss on the forehead as well, making sure he was properly covered in blanket.

Then Namjoon went to Tae's bed.

"I don't need to be tucked in," Tae announced while making sure to stay quiet so he wouldn't bother his brothers. "I'm a big boy. I'm all grown up."

"All grown up, huh?" Namjoon asked casually before he began tickling Tae.

Tae lasted three seconds before he erupted in giggles, but then he slapped a hand over his mouth, looking horrified, as he looked to check if he'd woken up the others.

"Relax," Namjoon whispered, smoothing Tae's hair with his hand. "You still have a lot of growing up to do. Just take it slow, all right? There's no need to rush."

Tae pouted but sighed while nodding ever so slightly, rolling over so he didn't have to admit it to Namjoon.

"That's a good boy. Now let me give you a kiss."

"Uh uh."

"I'm not leaving until you get your goodnight kiss."

"Uh uh, I'm too big!"

"Tae..."

Tae huffed before rolling back over, pointing to his forehead. "Fine, but just right here. And you can't tell Jimin or Kookie."

Namjoon smiled but stopped himself, trying to maintain all seriousness as he leaned in and gave his rebellious little kid a goodnight kiss. "Good night, Tae. I love you. You know that right?"

"Yeah, Daddy. You only tell me every day," Tae moaned before he broke out in giggles. Then he cut off again, like he was embarrassed. "I love you too, Daddy. Now go already."

Namjoon just chuckled, exiting the triplets' room and heading over to the bigger kids' room. He knocked on the door and waited until he heard the rhythm of quick footsteps running across the floor and jumping into bed and the click of the light switch being flicked off.

"It's time to sleep," Namjoon scolded gently, but he didn't plan on punishing them. Maybe another time, but it was late and he was feeling generous.

"Night Daddy," Hobi chimed cheerfully. "I need a goodnight kiss!" He made kissy lips, and Namjoon laughed before leaning down and giving him a peck on the nose since that always made Hobi laugh.

"Night Yoongi," Namjoon called out as he climbed up the first three rungs on the ladder.

"Night," Yoongi said, hesitating before taking the initiative as he leaned forward and gave Namjoon a quick kiss on the forehead.