13. Difference

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
DIFFERENCE

- Jimin -

These lips were sealed against hers, my body had frozen in the same position, and head processed the words she spoke. Love? The very moment I heard a shout; too familiar. I immediately pushed her, only to see the man standing next to the door.

It was my father.

My assistant bowed at him and ran out of the room, leaving me alone with him in this room. I stood up from where I sat and hung my head low. "So those weren't only rumors, " the rage I had woken up in him was clearly visible in his eyes.

"Jimin Hyung— " the younger froze on the sight in front of him. 

"Jeon Jungkook. You were the one who convinced me about those only being rumors, right?" my father raised his voice, having the latter gulp in fear.

A punch on the desk, causing a loud thud, scared the hell out of me. "I need to talk to my son. I'll get to you later, " he shooed the younger out of the room. I had no idea what was about to happen and was scared.

"Have a seat, " he asked and got himself sat across me.

Those hand movements clearly showed that his hands kept itching to slap me, but he was trying hard to control the rage. "This is a workplace, so let's not make things worse, " he started.

"You hated your mom, right? Because she cheated on me and left us. You always avoided love because you were scared to end up like me. Is that the reason you decided to be like her? " he asked in the calmest way possible.

"I am not like her, " I whimpered.

That made him let out a hysterical laugh. "I see no difference. It was my mistake to expect something different from her son, " he sighed in disappointment.

"I have told you several times that falling in love doesn't hurt you, but falling for the wrong person is what hurts you the most, " those words never really affected me until this day.

It hit me in a different way. I was definitely the wrong person my girl fell in love with, but I wanted to make everything right and be the person she deserved. I needed to be that person before she would find someone else.

"I was so happy when you said you were moving in with her. I thought you finally accepted the feeling called love, but you proved me wrong by saying that you didn't love her. But I still had a small ray of hope, you know? That living with her will make you realize what you've been missing in your life— This is such a waste of time, " he landed another punch on the desk and walked out of the room.

"Dad, I'm sorry."

My voice was so weak to reach to him and it came out as a whisper. I stayed stubborn about how I was not like my mother. I would never leave my girl like she left my father. This was the difference.

A thought of disappearing from this place came to my mind, but I had to stay to make things right and for my girl, who must be in the shop serving the customers at this moment. My eyes began to fill with tears and had no hesitation to cry.

I needed this, plus a shoulder.

- Jungkook -

I checked my phone as soon as the meeting came to an end. There were sixteen missed calls from my younger brother and it scared me to hell. I ran out of the room and decided to call him, but I got a call from him instead.

"Why did you call me?"

"WHERE IS MY BASEBALL CAP?" he shouted from the other line.

I shoved my face into my palm since all sixteen missed calls made me think that something bad had happened. Thank God, this kid was safe.

"It's in my room."

"WHY DID YOU TAKE IT TO YOUR ROOM?" he shouted which made me pull away from the phone from my ears and hang up.

I decided to go back to the meeting room since I remembered those two were left behind and was scared that they might do something stupid there. I was on my way when the assistant ran out of the room and past me. 

It hinted that something definitely went wrong in there, so I rushed back to the room, only to encounter Uncle Park and his son in the room.

"Jeon Jungkook. You were the one who convinced me about those only being rumors, right?" the uncle raised his voice at me that my legs began to shiver.

"I need to talk to my son. I'll get to you later."

I walked out of the room and waited there, but I was so impatient that I decided to eavesdrop the conversation. I tried several times, but I backed off and waited a little bit longer.

The uncle walked out of the room and to my direction. My heartbeat literally rocketed in fear only by looking at this face. "I trusted you more than my own son, " he stated in disappointment and walked past me.

I was more worried about the person in the room, so I rushed there. There he was staring at the desk blankly and crying as well. I noticed the tears in his eyes, but he wiped away the moment I walked in.

"Are you okay?" I held his shoulder and he looked at me, with eyes full of tears.

"I hate myself, " he bit his lips.

"No," I tried to comfort him, but he suddenly stood up and rushed out of the room.

I ran after him and finally caught him in the parking lot, where he was ready to get into the car. "I'll send you home, " I tried to stop him since he was not in the condition to drive, but he resisted and pushed me away.

"I'm not a kid. I can take care of myself, " he stated and entered his car.

I could not leave him alone, so I decided to follow his car, got into mine and drove out of the parking lot, only to find myself lost.

The car was out of my sight.

••••••••••

"It is easy to hate, but difficult to love"

••••••••••

Are you guys enjoying the story or am I the only one who's enjoying writing this? How's the story guys?