CHAPTER THIRTEEN ; PICK YOUR WEAPON

★☆

CHAPTER THIRTEEN ; PICK YOUR WEAPONalso known as;( the upside down ; part two )

also known as;
( the upside down ; part two )

★☆

"JONATHAN, I'M SORRY FOR BEING AN ASSHOLE," STEVE SAID CLEARLY, HIS LONG, WELL GROOMED HAIR BOUNCING UP AND DOWN AS HE SPOKE. Stella watched from beside him as he went over what he had to say to the Byers boy, and what had begun as a ridiculous speech had now been shortened down to a few meaningful sentences. The pair sat in Steve's BMW outside Jonathan's home, and afterwards they were going to Nancy's house with hopes to win her back. "I shouldn't have said all those things about you and your family, it was uncalled for and it'll never happen again. It was wrong of me to treat you and Nancy like that and accuse you both of things you didn't do. I hope that some day in the future you can forgive me, I would forever be grateful."

"Sounds just as apologetic as the other twenty times you said it," Stella grumbled, before gesturing to the home. She doubted Steve had ever been there before, as she had to point out where to go and when to turn on their way there. It wasn't an expensive house like his, as the Byers family lived on a limited salary and tried their best to get by. Nonetheless, the teenage boy didn't say anything when they pulled into the driveway. The lights inside were on and Jonathan's car was parked outside, so they knew he was home. Stella nudged Steve and gestured towards the house. "Go on."

Steve exhaled through his nose, before clearing his throat and opening his door. He stepped out into the cool night air and left Stella alone in the car. The Collins girl watched as he reluctantly walked towards the front door, seeing his lips moving quickly as he recited his apology again to himself. The teen sighed, before crossing her arms and tapping her foot against the carpeted floor. She had to admit to herself, this was probably the nicest vehicle she'd ever been in. It was impeccably clean, no surface dusty or unattended to. 

Leaning back in her comfortable seat, the raven-haired girl stared forward and watched Steve peering through a crack in the door. She wouldn't be surprised if Jonathan was unsure of forgiving him, but it was worth a try. She had no idea how long the boys would be, so she sighed and closed her eyes, resting her head and allowing her mind to wander. 

For some reason, she began thinking of Mike, Lucas, Dustin and Eleven. She wondered what they had been up to over the last twenty-four hours, as she hadn't seen them over that time. All she could remember was giving them individual embraces at Will's funeral and then proceeding to part with them, as when she had gone to visit the Wheelers later that day Mike had gone out somewhere. She hadn't heard from him, or any of the other children since. 

Just as she began thinking about the ridiculous theories that had been spouted her way by both the boys and Chief Hopper, a loud yelp caught her attention. Stella's head shot up and she leaned forward in her seat, eyes squinting as she watched the lights inside the Byers home flickering madly. "What the hell?"