4 | Main Character's Sadness

|©Reandayo - 31 December, 2017|

I grab brother Calvin to the corner to talk privately.

"Where's the book, brother Calvin?"

"It's in my room. Putting that aside, why did you ask for a teenage fictional book?"

"...Like Elena just said, it's only a mere interest."

"A mere interest at a rom-com novel? You're still too young to read this, Elena."

"How did you know it's a rom-com? You're also not at the age of reading this, brother Calvin."

"The librarian told me, anyway that's not the problem." He said while picking up the book, "I used Graham's name on borrowing this book as they will not allow me, regarding on my age."

I stoned up.

Graham is our bodyguard, still young, the age of 16, but is the best bodyguard. Strict and always have this serious face on him. Looks are good-looking, but his stiff face ruined everything.

A serious guy like him.... and a book of rom-com novel? Boi, I don't know whether to cry or laugh at this combination. I decided to do both on my internal emotion.

"Are you serious....."

"Your brother never lies."

"Liar." I retorted.

He just laughs while ruffling my hair.

"No need to worry, this is the revenge for him ruining our recent party by scaring the guests away."

"Elena thinks he's not doing it for fun, he just did it unconsciously."

Brother scoffed indifferently, "Conscious or not, he made you cry that time, and to think you rarely cry"

I shy away remembering the childish reaction because I suddenly remembered my memories with Kai, having fun at a typical highschoolers party.

Ahh.. there's no time for that, the thing is, brother has completely misunderstood!

"Graham has nothing to do with that, brother."

"Is that so?" He raised his eyebrows, "Then, this is an advance 'gratitude' for the future, I guess."

Ah, so he can't be helped. It's involving a deep grudge huh?

"Anyways, thank you for the book, brother. You're the best."

"Of course. Better than Dylan, right?"

"Sure, whatever you say." I smiled.

He replied with a grin.

I took the book from his hand and walked away.

"Once again, thank you."

.

.

.

.

You must be curious of what book perk my interest. Yeah sure, it's a rom-com, but the book is like the exact copy of previous life.

The same name.

The same scene.

Except for that I died before all of these happened to the adult me.

I became an infamous composser. I found a clue that leads to my real family. Kai founds a potential rival at our love life. A killer planning to kill me.

This hits me, and makes me scared to death.

Who the hell wrote this? Am I just an imaginary character?

Most of all...

Am I not real?

*****

Author : oh shit she kneeewww!!

Author : alert everyone! we need the 4th wall guards to standby right now!! mayday, mayday!

Author : .......

Author : wait, what? it's not what I think it is?

Author : .....

Author : well that's embarrassing