18|Going to meet them|

After I felt I was good to go, I trudged towards the door. I opened it to find Lilley standing there, looking down at her shoes.

I cleared my throat to get her attention.

"My lady..." I gave her a pointed look, "Estella, you are ready let's go. I will escort you. The other girls will almost be ready too."

I nodded. She turned to walk, I followed. We rounded the corner to where Sophie's room and the rest were. Sophie was out of her room. She was talking to Veronica. Oh well.

Up ahead were the twins, with a young girl with them, whom I believe to be their escort based in her maid uniform. Anya was out too with yet another maid. It seems like the little one likes her maid. Based on how she is holding hands with her and talking like she is on cloud 9.

Walking towards the stairs, I anticipated the other girls, Maleah and Madison will be out too. My suspicions proved right, they were there. God! They looked like they were going to a party or something. Their make up more caked than before. Their belts around their waists, tightened a notch,the skirts looked sky high. I bet they can't breathe.

Their maids hesitant. They had a mixed emotion on their face, it was ridicule, hesitancy, and irritation.

They rushed over to Veronica and Sophie, whom I didn't know were coming behind us,upon sight they whispered something in hushed tones. I notice Veronica and Sophie whipping their heads up to see the hideously dressed young girls standing right ahead of them. Sophie's eyes widened, Veronica's gasp audible above the small whispers among the girls.

"What is that?" Veronica half yelled.

I can't blame her.

Sophie made her way to the girls who stood as if they were oblivious to what Veronica was hinting at.

Sophie whisper-yelled at the girls, grabbed them by arms, dragged them into, what I remember to be Maleah's room.

After what seemed like fifteen minutes all of them came out. The girls had less make up, skirts pulled down. Belts looser a notch. They seemed a bit sobered up than before.

"Thank the Lord in the heavens above, that you both don't look like sluts anymore." Veronica said, sighing. Sophie eyed her at the choice of her words, upon realisation Veronica added. " Though I should mind my language, I couldn't help myself. And I would like to say I am sorry for using such a bold word, nothing else came to mind."

And that ladies and gentlemen was, not so , subtle art of saying SORRY, NOT SORRY.

"Do you want me to escorts the ladies, ma'am? Or will you? " came Lilley's small voice, changing the topic.

"I will, thank you very much ladies. You can all return to your routine work." Veronica replied. Lilley nodded and the rest if the maids followed suit and made their way out of the hallway.

"Come along." Veronica gestured with he delicate hands telling us to follow her.

Veronica walked ahead of the while group. The twins and Anya close behind, best friends behind them. Last to get in tow was Sophie and I fell in step with her.

She looked sideways to me at the same time I did. We shared a smile. We looped our arms together as we walked to wherever Veronica was leading us.

We stopped in front of a double door, it had intricate carvings on all four sides of it. The dark wood and the golden polished nobs screamed that they belonged to the Royal family.

Veronica halted and spinned around to face us.

"Before we enter I need you to know a few things. You will go inside and curtsey. When asked to rise you will rise and start introducing yourselves from right to left. Am I clear?"

We nodded our assent.

"Very well the Royal family awaits."

A/N

I KNOW IT'S A LATE UPDATE AND PROBABLY TOO SHORT COMPARING THIS TO MY PREVIOUS ONES. BUT I AM A STUDENT HAVING EXAMS AT THE MOMENT. EXAM PRESSURE IS LITERALLY EATING ME AWAY. I AM LOOSING HAIR , FOR GOODNESS' SAKE.

ANYWAY, WILL TRY TO POST SOONER. UNDERSTAND THE PRESSURE PLEASE☺☺

HAPPY NEW YEAR🤗

AK OUT