Chapter 9 Bamboo Hand

"Alright, done," I announced, placing my hands on my hips proudly.

"What with your umbrella?" Jay asked as a joke.

I gave him the 'really' look. "It's a bush, that looks like an umbrella."

"Oh yeah? How can that help us?" Cole asked crossing his arms.

"You'll find out," I smirked at him.

"Y/n was right," a male voice spoke up.

All the ninja turned around and looked at where the voice came from to see our brown spikey hair friend, Kai.

"This place is swimming with Gramadon's indestructible army."

"At least we know that we landed on the right island," Jay added, with a small chuckle at the end.

I smiled holding in my laugh as I walked up to Kai placing my hand on his shoulder.

"I told ya I was right," I said smiling brightly.

I noticed Cole behind Kai throwing down his hands.

"I'm done with hiding, I want to fight!" Cole complained.

"But, Cole. It's unwise to start a fight we can not finish," Zane spoke up thinking Zane like, or logical.

"That's why we should go to the temple of light," a wise voice spoke.

I direct my head to the bounty, where the voice came from. There stood Wu looking off into the distance.

"Y/n, can you go grab your scrolls and my bag?" Misako asked of me.

I slightly nodded my head and went off to my room. When I mean my room, I mean Nya's and my room.

I swung open the door smacking it loudly against the wood wall. Hopping Nya wouldn't be in there, lucky she wasn't.

I walked over to my bed and bend down. I lifted my oversize blanket to reveal my leather bag. I opened it reveling the leather book Ginny's mom gave me,

Grabbing it and heading up to the room I heard small chatter from the room of ninjas, which soon turned into Cole having his happy dance again.

I walked into the room greeted by Jay jumping in front of me, "Gah!"

"Hey! Y/n guess what!" Jay shouts in my face, spitting a bit.

"What?" I ask with a dark aura around me.

That caused Jay to back away, far away, like he was on the other side of the room. The others were just staring blankly at what is happening.

"U-Uh... W-We's going to g-get our powers b-back," Jay stuttered out from across the room.

"That's cool!" I announced as I placed my scrolls in front of Misako. "Here."

"Thank you, Y/n," Misako beamed, and I smiled back.

I watched as she placed it into her bag, and my smile lowered. 'Is she going to ever show them it?' 

"Ninja-!"

"Shh!"

The ninja whispered, "Go."

As they were about to leave I and Lloyd walked over to the door, and were greeted by Wu standing there.

"Not you two," assured Wu.

"Oh, c'mon," Lloyd tried to get past Wu.

"Say your kidding?" I blurted.

"Why would I say that?" Wu asks, not falling for my trap.

"What do you want?" I ask leaning against the wall.

"Training," Misako answered from behind, which scared Lloyd.

"Why? I'm already the green ninja," Lloyd proclaims.

"You need to train Y/n for the finale battle," Wu announces.

"Why? I have pretty good training in," I opined.

"Really?"

Wu swung his staff at my feet before I could even counter his attack, I fell to the wooden boards of the bounty.

"Not against that," I rubbed my head.

They laughed, and Wu said. "So you do need more training."

"I could counter that any day!" Lloyd announced proudly.

I smirked at his cockiness and swung my leg at him. Causing him to fall and not counter that.

"You couldn't counter that in your dizzies of dreams," I say getting up. "So, when my training with this daydreamer?"

"First, you will learn how to counter attacks. Both of you," Wu darted his eyes on both Lloyd and me. "You two will attack each other and once you counter 10 attacks you will fight me."

"What!?" Lloyd shouted, which I shh him.

"I think I can fight Wu," I say with confidence punch my fist together.

"Alright, here," Wu threw two bamboo sticks above us, causing us to jump up and grab them. I jumped a few feet above and was able to land on it.

I smiled out to them as I fell.

"Here," I opened my eyes to see Lloyd holding his hand out available for my grab, which I accepted.

"Fight," Wu announced at the worst moment.

I didn't have any time to grab my bamboo stick before Lloyd's first attack. He swings up at my shoulder, lucky I was pretty flexible. I leaned back away from his attack and used my hand to grab the bamboo stick.

'one' I mumbled.

With the problem of me grabbing my weapon, I didn't have time to attack before his next one. Which was a strike at the hip.

I bit on my lip holding in the pain, as I struck my bamboo stick into the ground for support. As he went to attack I quickly struck my bamboo stick at his gut.

Then knocked him in the back of his neck, causing him to fall face-first into the dirt.

"Sorry," I spoke.

"That's a good basic," Wu cut in.

I watched as Lloyd rolled his body over so he's facing the light blue sky and clouds.

I moved my hand over his view and spoke, "Good job."

A small smile came to his face, which a bigger smile came to mine as he grabbed my hand.

"Alright after that fight," Wu started, making me impatient with what he's saying. "Your both equal match. Y/n, don't go showing off before the main fight. Lloyd, try yoga sometimes."

Wu left both Lloyd and me with our jaws touching the sand on this sunny day.

"Now, here is a list of stuff I need to be done from you two," Wu handed us a paper with a lot of words.

'100 push-ups, clean your rooms, boxing, 99 push-ups, sweep the deck, 98 push-ups...'

Our jaws dragged to our jobs we had to do, with laughing and giggling from WU and Misako behind us.