Thirster 2467: Epilogue

Months Later...

Pierce and Marilyn stand in the beginning of the cross way. When the light changes they walk among the other group of people crossing the street. The headlights from cars cast shadows on the concrete ground that's covered in snow. 

Winter has come and the city is surrounded with snow and hundreds of people doing late holiday shopping. Marilyn chatters her teeth from the cold while pulling the hood of her jacket closer to her face. Large flakes of snow fall on them while they walk down the crowded street. They stick on her eyelashes but melt every time she blinks. 

"There's one." Pierce stops her and a couple of people bump into them. They move aside while eyeing the vampire that's cutting into the alleyway. Pierce can easily sense a vampire although he's human now. Being one for decades isn't hard to spot out the bloodsuckers. 

After Pierce recovered from the gun wound Marilyn took her time trying to find the ingredients needed to make the cure again. With Pierce's help she did. They created hundreds of vials so they can go hunting and find vampires. They hunted them down starting in New York City. 

Area 75 closed down by the government rules. They kept the cure unknown because Marilyn never confronted them about the ingredients. Agent Doloman agreed with Marilyn's statement of leaving her and Pierce alone and never seeing them again. 

They live in an apartment together in Lower Manhattan and Pierce got a job at a Bank. Marilyn is working at a Bar and a local cafe until she finds a steady job. At night, they scavenge for vampires and cure them from being a monster. It's not easy but they've captured and cured six and most of them were glad but had no clue on what to do with their life. The recent one they found committed suicide after she became human. Distraught from changing. 

 Pierce had his struggles from time to time but Marilyn was there to comfort him. He'd wake up in the middle of the night screaming and throwing the covers off him, sweat drenched on his clothes. Marilyn would smother him, run her hands through his long wet hair and shush him down as he cried. 

Pierce brushes the snow off his head and stares at the clouds of breath coming out of Marilyn's mouth. He hands Marilyn the vile and syringe so she can puncture the vampire while Pierce tries to fight him. They've been through a lot while tracking these vampires down. 

Pierce has been bitten numerous of times and broke his arm before. Marilyn would get thrown into things and would always end up with some kind of wound. The only fear they have is getting killed but it hasn't happened yet. 

"Do you want me to go first?" Marilyn asks him and he sniffs from his running nose. The only thing he misses about being a vampire is not getting sick. Never feeling pain. 

"I'll go first and you follow behind. We'll do this together." He intertwines his fingers together with hers and they walk together to the alleyway. 

There stood the vampire savagely ripping his teeth into a human woman. When he hears them walking towards him he turns, blood dripping out of his mouth. He drops the woman onto the ground and turns to them. Pierce pushes Marilyn behind him while she gets the syringe full of the cure prepared. 

"Get ready." Pierce mutters to Marilyn while her shaking hand holds the syringe. The adrenaline thumping throughout her body is keeping the cold air off her body. The vampire hisses exposing his fangs to them angrily. 

Then Pierce takes off, running to the monster he once was.

~~~~

It's short but I didn't want to leave it off to chapter 27. Wanted to show a scoop on what happened to them after the battle. 

Once again thank you all for reading Thirster 2467. 

Make sure to go check out my others and stay posted for my new upcoming LONG vampire book!