Take it Away

(Samuel's POV)

There were no colors here. The whole universe had gone dark. Maliciousness hung heavy in the air, silent but persistent. It was in the air I breathed, it was crawling on the walls like growing vines, it was gliding on the floor, vibrating beneath my feet.

Had the shadows possessed the whole world? Possessed me without the option of the loop? Each time I'd been possessed, I'd lost the sense of who I'd been. No consciousness had permeated the walls of amnesia built by the invader.

Now was different. Now I knew. I was imprisoned and I was looking for a way out. So, this couldn't be a possession, could it?

My main concern was Diana. What had they done to her?

"Diana!" I shouted again. Desperation was like a poison in my blood, clutter in my chest. I was panicking.

For her.

I walked trying to find my way in the darkness. I touched the wall to feel my way around, the dark force slithered on my skin, sniffing around, laughing. Bile rose up my throat, I pulled my hand back. It was going to be a challenge avoiding it. It was everywhere.

Getting out of the room, the path forked. One was going up which required climbing up, the other was going down so steeply that it would best be described as taking a fall. A fall from the cliff.

Up, it was then.

I placed my hands on the wall, trying to ignore the hollow touch of the evil beneath my skin. Its touch gave me conflicting sensations. Its first tap was frigid cold, but then the place it touched burned as if its initial embrace had been nothing but a deception. It felt like I was being drained of my soul.

My soul belonged to Diana. I would not let that happen.

I focused on placing my foot one step at a time. I lifted myself up. The walls were slippery, I lost my hold a few times, fell until my hands latched onto a crevice and then started up climbing up again from scratch. The blackness didn't make it any easy. Nor did the evil which lurked everywhere. I was too focused on lifting myself up that I didn't hear it at first. The soft murmur.

Where was it coming from?

"Hello," I shouted. No one responded back. "Diana!" I was still holding to the hope that she was here somewhere. If so, nothing would stop me from finding her, I would save her.

Then I glimpsed the glimmer of light at the other side. There was nothing in between but a gaping hole. Though I couldn't see much, I knew it, I felt it. How would I even get to the other side? The light flickered on and off like a candlelight and then went dark again as if a breeze had pushed the flames away. The evil force shook the walls to divert my attention from the light, make me give up. My whole body burned with the sensation of its tremor. Then, I was myself again. Was the evil weakening? How, why?

I had to get to the other side. The light came on again even as I brought my toes to the edge, bent my knees, ready to spring, ready to make the deadly jump. How easy it would be in my vampire form, but in my human form, I didn't know where I would end up. Probably at the bottom of this pit. No more thinking, I reprimanded myself. The light was steady now as if it was a beacon guiding me, expecting me. The moment I let go, I felt the pull of the gravity racing against the adrenaline that pumped my body. I arced my body, stretched my hands, seeking any touch with the wall on the other side. When my fingers came across a solid structure, I dug my nails not heeding the pain, the blood. I was slipping, but I hung on, my feet dangling in the air.

"Samuel..."

I'd heard it. My name came as a whisper. Was it Diana? Was she calling out to me? I tried to find a ledge to place my foot, my hands were shaky. The force with which I threw my two legs around was taking a toll on my strength, on my arms. I was going to fall.