~Chapter 19~

AN: Hello, beautiful people! I know the chapter comes late yet again, but I have a lot work going in my life right now...applications, projects, yada yada...the kind of work that shapes your life later on, so I hope you can forgive me *brings out the xmas cookies for emphasis*.

Hope December is treating you all well! It just snowed for the first time this year for me. :D

Peace out,

Fearsome Hamster

P.S: The next chapter is the wedding, I will try to release it before Christmas, as an early present! Ho ho ho! :D

Margo dipped the quill into the pot of ink and continued writing the wretched letters.

With only two days left until the wedding ceremony, most of the invitations had already been written and sent out. She had left for last the ones destined to some of the insufferable members of her family, not surprisingly her father's side, hoping they would not be delivered on time. She grinned. Sometimes you had to make your own luck.

She was currently writing to a widowed aunt, a constantly angry lady always scoffing at her as a child and warning her of her impeding status as a spinster. Margo would have loved to see her relative's reaction upon receiving this message.

"Dear Ms. Hortensia,

The pleasure of your company is requested to share the joy of my union with Lord Zachary Frost on Saturday, the twenty-third of November hosted at the Frost Mansion.

Sending my best regards,

Yours truly,

Margo"

She folded the paper, sealed it with hot wax and prepared another piece of parchment, her fingers aching. Hours passed since she had been doing this. Her mind inevitably wandered to the incident a few days ago. Although, incident was too innocent of a word for what had occured between them. Her blood rushed to her cheeks remembering Zachary's touch.

Flashback

'What have I done?', Margo thought.

Her chest still heaved slightly in the aftermath. Transfixed, Margo watched a stray tiny drop blood pebble from Zachary's mark and slowly make her way down her neck, all the way to her naked shoulder.

Zachary seized the moment and let his tongue lazily trace the red path left by the blood. This time when he reached the puncture wounds, he licked more thoroughly, completely sealing the mark. Looking in the mirror straight into her eyes, he smiled mischievously, his fangs peeking through his plump lips.

That swiftly snapped her out her stupor. In a blink, Margo jerked herself away from him again, this time backing away several steps.

"What are you doing, Margo?" Zachary asked grumpily, a crease appearing between his indigo eyes. He stayed in his place though, not trying to get closer. Something in her twitchy movements must have given away her desire to keep the distance in this moment of confusion.

"T-this should not have happened," she whispered.

"Nothing is viewed as wrong between lovers," he adamantly said.

Lovers. A couple experiencing carnal love with each other. "Don't say that word." Margo shivered.

His eyes started glowing and his body language became tense, as if fighting against some hidden urge. "In a sense it is true, what we did is a pale shadow of what will happen on our wedding night. Then, we will become lovers without any doubt."