Chapter Seven- the untold

OHAJI'S POINT OF VIEW

I woke up sore as hell with a blurry vision. I didn't know where I was until I began rubbing my eyes and noticed I was connected to a machine, I ain't even know why I was in the fucking hospital or how long I was sleep.

"Oh my god are you okay? I was so worried" Ivory asked rushing over to me and I mugged the hell out of her. She don't even know me how the hell she gone act like she was really concerned or some shit.

"Nobody ain't ever really cared about my well being besides Jade cry baby ass, you don't gotta lie ma but thank you for being here" I fell her and she frowned before looking at me sideways and standing up walking towards me. I watched her as she grabbed a hold of my head and kissed one of my swollen eyes.

"I'm not trying to be nice Ohaji I was really scared your like a dog that keeps humping your leg and won't go away but I really do care about you and I don't want anything bad to happen to you I was so afraid you weren't going to make it, you've been asleep for 2 days and I've only left so you could shower"'she tells me and it gave me the weirdest feeling on the inside but I didn't know how to express it.

"Can I tell you a story? You have to promise it stays between us" I tell her and she smiled and nodded before pulling up a chair next to my bed.

"Everybody thinks I'm just a reckless person but that's not true a lot of things that happened shaped the man I've become, I loved my dad more than anything and he use to love me to, we did everything together until I was 3 and Jade came along and then he started beating tough on me even though I was still a baby, I use to cry for his attention you know cause I was jealous that he always wanted to hold Jade and play with Jade so for crying he use to beat the hell out of me and curse my ass out until one day I just stopped" I told her and tears began building up in her eyes.

"I'm not even done yet, I wanted to hate Jade and be mean to him but he didn't ask to be here and I remember when he was 4 I contemplated on pushing him into the pool cause I knew he couldn't swim but the more I thought about the more I thought about how nice he was and how he'd always come up and hug me and tell me he loves me and I couldn't do it, I didn't want to. Then when my dad ended up getting killed I was 12 and Jade was 9 or dad got murdered over money and he clung to me even more" I tell her looking down and rubbing my eyes until the tears that were building up were gone.

"I know your dad loved you Ohaji he probably just wanted to toughen you up a lot of dads do that at a certain age,and I know you loved you dad because you wouldn't of killed your moms boyfriend if you didn't" She whispered laying her head on my chest as I took a deep breath. I was ready to confess the real reason and she was the only one I trusted enough to actually tell the full story.

"I ain't killed that man for my dad or my mama I did that shit for Jade not nobody else" I choked out and Ivory looked at me with curious eyes. "Jade was a cry baby always crying and shit and Melvin didn't like that so he use to beat him bloody and my mama was to strung out to give a fuck, she sat their and watched and thought that shit was funny so I went to the back and took a shot gun from my mama room and blew the nigga head off and continuously shot him out of anger" I confessed and she sat up and looked at me.

"Is that why he gets so annoyed when I cry?" She asked and I nodded. After that Jades always had a lot of trouble trying to control his anger and frustration and I always felt like it was my fault he acted the way he did.

"Well that explains a lot" Ivory said shrugging and resting her head on my stomach until she fell asleep. After awhile I climbed out of the hospital bed and lifted her into the bed pulling my covers over her before limping over to a black backpack that was probably for me and pulled out a bunch of clothes walking into the bathroom to shower.