Chapter Sixteen

~*Lucy's POV*~ 

Bella was still sleeping, and Harry and I were curled up on the couch, him laying behind me, his arms wrapped around me, holding me tightly to his chest. I'm not gonna lie, it was really comfortable there, but I had meant what I said to Lou in the coffee shop. I needed a break from Harry AND Lou to clear my head. And I was not able to think clearly laying here with Harry. 

"Harry...I think you should go.." I muttered, tracing designs along his arm, staring unfocusedly at the carpet. 

I wasn't able to look at his face but I know he would have been confused. 

"Wait...did I do something?" he asked, turning me to face him. 

Instead of looking at him, I focused my attention on my hands, which were now tracing designs on his chest. 

"No...you didn't. I just..need time to think. And I have to pack, Bella and I are going to Paris in a couple of days.." 

His eyes narrowed. 

"You're going with Louis arent you.." 

It wasn't a question. It was a statement. 

I sighed.

"We bought the tickets before you guys left for tour. They're non-refundable. I can't back out now. And besides. Bella deserves a little adventure." 

Harry sighed, sitting up, moving me away from him. Oh great, not again.

"Harry, I'm just..trying to clear my head a little bit. Can you blame me? There's been quite a bit going on lately..." I said sadly, looking at him.

He shook his head.

"No...I think I understand. I just..I just want you to know that I'm trying to do things differently this time, and to me it feels like you don't care. I actually want to be here for you and every time I try there's a reason on why I can't stay. And magically, Louis is the one that always seems to be behind this."

I looked at him sadly.

"Harry. I'm not...trying to push you away. I told Louis the same thing, and he's agreed to give me a couple of days before the trip to myself. I promise you, that if Bella asks to see you, or to spend time with you, you may come over. Maybe even take her out on your own. I'm not...going to keep her from you. I especially dont want you to have to try to go through courts to get custody or whatever of her. We can work something out on our own. But right now, I need to be alone. Okay?"  

He gave me a small smile. 

"Alright Lu. Maybe I can stop by before dinner and take her out for a little? Just an hour or so I promise.'' 

I thought for a moment. 

"Okay. Wait. What about, you take her now, and I can get some shopping and stuff done? I desperately need to go, and if you take her now, it would be a great time for me." 

Harry grinned excitedly. 

"You can go or whatever then, I'll take care of things here. Thanks Luce!" 

I chuckled at his excitement. He was really cute when he got excited like this. 

"I'll see you two later then." I smiled before standing up, checking myself in the mirror before I went out. 

~*Louis' POV*~

I tapped my phone against my leg, still sitting in the coffee shop, it had only been like...maybe 30 minutes since Lucy left. And I couldn't think of anything to do. It was Saturday. Ususally on Saturdays I took Bella to the park or something, sometimes the zoo. She loved the zoo, especially the tigers. I tipped my head back against the wall behind me, closing my eyes. This was pathetic. I shouldn't care so much. I shouldn't I could get any girl I wanted, and here I was, falling all over my best friend, and my other best friend's baby. I needed to get over this, and I needed to do it fast. 

"Excuse me?" I heard a quiet voice say, pulling me out of my thoughts. 

I opened my eyes, to see a young girl, maybe 3 or 4 years older than me, looking nervously at me from across the table. 

She was pretty, no doubt about that, with strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. 

"Can I help you love?" I asked, flashing her a smile. 

"I just...wanted to make sure you were okay." she said quietly. "You looked sort of upset." 

I smiled appreciatively. 

"I'm alright. Thank you though, for asking. Do you want to sit down?" I asked her. 

She hesitated, debating whether or not to, but shook her head. 

"I can't I'm here with my friends. I..should probably get back to them. I just wanted to check really quick." 

"Wait...here. Give me your phone." I told her, acting quickly, not really thinking. 

She looked at me curiously before handing over her phone. I punched my number in quickly, putting my name, 'Louis Tomlinson' in for the contact name. 

"Text me or something, maybe we can meet up later or something." 

She smiled at me.

"Alright. Bye Louis." She said my name quietly, so nobody around us would here, and I was grateful for that. I really didn't need to get swamped with paparazzi right now. She hustled back over to her table, where her friends immediately swooped in on her, mouths moving excitedly, all theirs eyes flashing back and forth between me and her. When she glanced over, I gave her a slight wave before standing up and walking out of the shop, heading back to mine and Harry's flat.

 ~*Lucy's POV*~ 

I walked out of the mall, arms loaded down with bags, new clothes for me and Bella for our trip. I dumped them in the trunk of my car, turning to get in when cameras started to flash in my eyes. 

"Miss! Is it true you're dating Harry?!" 

"What about Louis? Aren't you dating Louis?" 

"Do you and Louis really have a daughter?"

"Are you cheating on Harry?" 

"Are you trying to get through all the One Direction Members?" 

I ignored them, not saying anything, getting into my car, and speeding off as fast as I could. How had they found me?! Yes. I was very used to the cameras. Whenever I was with Lou, I got bombarded by the paparazzi. But now...it was different. They had questions about Bella. And with Harry back into the picture...things were looking more and more complicated. 

I pulled out my phone, dialing Lou. 

"Can we meet up?" I asked as soon as he answered.