l.

[yesterday, time unknown]

can i come out yet?

no, jiminie, you have to stay in there.

remember, this is a game?

just a few more minutes, jiminie.

but it's dark in here and i-

what did i say about being quiet, jiminie?

you said i have to be quiet. but i-

you're not being a good boy, jimin.

be quiet.

it's almost over.

***

"Listen up, everyone. There's been a little bit of trouble finding Jimin, so I'm going to ask you all some questions, all right? You can just call me Miss Lisa, okay?"

The class nodded, and Lisa started going about her rounds.

After talking to all of the girls, she'd learned absolutely nothing. Next, she moved on to the boys.

"Jongup and Hyukk, right?"

They nodded, seemingly pleased with themselves.

"Are you going to ask up questions?" Jongup asked, grinning.

Lisa nodded. "What can you tell me about Jimin?"

"He was such a crybaby!" Hyukk said, laughing, and Jongup joined him, giving him a high five. "Like, every single day. It makes sense why Jungkook won't play with him. If he was my brother, I wouldn't play with him either."

Lisa's smile tightened. They're only 4 years old. Relax, Lisa. Don't smack them. "When did you guys last see Jimin?"

They shrugged, looking at each other.

"We only bother him when he's playing with blocks," Jongup said.

"And when was he playing with blocks?"

"Around snack time?"

"Before or after?"

"I don't know," Jongup said, huffing slightly. "You're asking too many questions."

"Did Jimin leave the room at any time?"

"What do we care?" Hyukk asked, frowning. "The blocks are all ours now."

"You care because Jimin is missing and it's my job to find him," Lisa said seriously. "And you two may have been the last people to see him." Alive, Lisa almost added, but she didn't. She couldn't.

She still had time.

But the two boys just shrugged. "I can't remember, and neither can Hyukk. I don't want to answer questions anymore. It's not fun."

Lisa exhaled deeply, pinching the bridge of her nose before she went to ask a few other boys questions, but none of them knew anything.

Jimin was a good kid, a quiet kid.

It was like he was invisible.

Except to Jongup and Hyukk, for better or worse.

Time to talk to the teacher.