26

"Maya..."

I sat in place, staring at my not-so burning house. It was burnt to the ground. All the memories and moments disappeared, just like that.

"You've been sitting here for hours. Let me take you back to Klaus'." Stefan tells me, grabbing my hand. I take it back. "No, I don't want to see him." I say, my voice breaking.

He sits next to me with a sigh. "You've been through a lot today, I know, but you need to—"

"Stop telling me what I need. I just lost my brother and my house and now my sister turned off her humanity because of your brother. I don't need anything and I don't need you here." I say, turning my head away from him.

I hear him sigh and feel him get up. "I'm not leaving until you come with me or with Klaus." he tells me, sticking his out his hand for me to grab.

I stared blankly at the ground below me. What I just said was rude and so un-called for and all he's trying to do is help me and be a good friend.

I take his hand and get up, pulling him into a hug. "I'm sorry." I tell him, squeezing him tight as my tears continue to fall from my cheeks. "Shh, it's okay. There's no reason to be sorry."

He pulls away and wipes the tears off my cheeks. "You're not alone, okay? I'm here."

"Thank you, Stefan."

It's been almost a week ever since that incident and I've been progressively feeling a little better. But, I still felt like there's something empty in me. Besides my brother, it was Klaus.

I haven't seen him in so long and it's making my heart ache. I feel like he's still mad at me, so I never had the chance to go over to him and apologize.

I slam my locker door and walk over to Caroline and Elena who were currently talking to Matt. "I have an idea." Elena says, holding up a flyer. "Can you get me my old spot back on the cheerleading squad?"

Elena, obviously, wasn't the same. Emotionless and bitchy. I can barely stand her, let alone stay in the same room as her. I know, it's horrible to think that about your sister, but when she flips off her switch, she's a whole new person.

It almost makes me want to leave all this teenage drama she kept stirring up. Over time, it's exhausting and I'm aching to leave Mystic Falls and start somewhere new. I just don't know where to start or where to go.

"I mean, technically, yeah. I'm captain, but I thought you hated cheerleading." Caroline tells her, crossing her arms.

"I did, but now I think it would be really fun to jump around and toss people up in the air. It's not like the routines are that hard." Elena responds and Caroline glances at me and I roll my eyes, shrugging.

"I.. think that would make Damon really happy." Caroline fake smiles at my sister and Elena smiles back, walking away.

"I have class. Bye." I tell the both of them before walking away.

"Looks like you're skipping today." I hear behind me and I turn around, finding Damon. "Damon? What are you doing here? Go away."

"Come on. I need you." he says, grabbing my arm and pulling me out of my school. I yank his hand off of me. "No! I've missed so much of school because of your supernatural business and I won't miss another day."

He didn't seem to believe me and continued to pull me to his car. "I'll compel your school attendance lady or whatever. Now, get in."

He climbs in his car and I stood outside it, crossing my arm. "Unless you tell me where you're taking me, I'm not going."