Chapter 3:Childhood Memories

"Sometimes we underestimate the power of touch,a smile, a kind of word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring all which have the potential for a New Begging to turn a life Around".___Anonymous

Alexa's jogging outfit

Alexa POV

I wake up to the sun rays that stream through the window. I forgot to close my curtains last night. I sigh as I stretch up I still sleepy, coz didn't sleep well last night but I want to do some exercise so I get up and getting ready.

It's already 8:00am and I wanted to have a run before breakfast,  its a beautiful sunny day outside, and I still need to keep up my daily routine.

I put on black leggings pink sports bra, grab my IPod and earphones, I left my latest IPhone 7s1 in charge in my bedside table and off to go.

As I when to kitchen, I open the fridge and grab a bottle of water.

"Good morning Señorita Alexa, where are you going?" Darius asks as he appears in the kitchen.

"Good morning too Darius!" I retort.
"I'm just going on a short run around, no need to accompany me! See you later!" I shout while I open the gate and start to run. My parents were always protective of me, and I knew they will not let me out without guard but I'm not child anymore so I can manage.

I felt the chilly morning breeze of winds caressing my bare skin. Jogging is the best exercise that I always take enjoying the run the adrenaline pumps in my heart makes me more active.

I love looking for the beautiful surroundings,the sunshine and breathing in a fresh air in the morning. Its so calming and relaxing.

I past by a woman holding a plastic bag of  freshly baked bread from the bakery, and someone are walking dogs and others are walking to go work. Although it's still very early so there are not many people in the street.

I keep going through when I saw the playground that I love to go when I was a kid, there are still swings, the seesaw,  the slides and the monkey bars. They're a jew are family picnic tables and benches scattered on the left side while in the right side is a beautiful array of flowering plants. I never forget how beautiful it was here.

 I never forget how beautiful it was here

I remember one afternoon, Martha took me after school, She let me play with some kids, we do running and chasing! I'm so carefree and very happy

Flashback:

When Martha ask that she need to used the toilet she ask me to sits and stay on a bench__ and off she go. After a minute, I went to a swing near me.

I was sitting on the swing, trying to push myself but my feet don't reach the ground. I get really annoyed and frustrated, Maybe I can just wait for Martha so she can push me, until someone taps me on my shoulder.

"Hi! Want some help?" A voice says from behind me, I turn around to see a boy sims like older than me but he looks nice but he have amused expressions in his face, maybe he saw me with my trouble.

"Yes please!" I say, and he pushes me for a few minutes. I ask her to push me more and he did. I extremely happy and delight as he pushes me really high. He stops pushing me for a moment, and turns to look at me.

"You're so pretty!"  He said ."Someday I'll  find you and you be my girlfriend."he promised.

I just smile to him. Then suddenly we hear.

"Mark,It's time to go!" a big guy called him and the boy nods his head.

"I have to go, bye!" He says, but before he left he plants a kiss on my cheek.

END OF FLASHBACK

I smiled at the memory, its strange that I still remember that very clearly. The Promise of childhood. I check my time its 9:25, my parents might wake up soon.

I stand up so I could jog back home when suddenly I was stumbled into something hard, causing me to stumble backwards onto the ground.

"Oops sorry Miss!"

....to be continued.

(Thank you so much for reading my story guys😙 please keep on supporting my books)😘