Project Facepalm

"Okay, what?" You raise an eyebrow, trying to put on a brave face, while you are shaking on in the inside. "What could have been so damn important that you have to call me aside?"

Baekhyun smiles, not showing his teeth, which you have learned is his usual way of smiling. "Well, well, well." He says in his honey-like, beautiful voice. "I see we have a fiesty one here."

You raise your chin. "I suppose that's relevant to the topic at hand?"

He chuckles. "You certainly do know how to carry out bussiness...which is why you'd be the perfect candidate for this meeting."

You narrow your eyes. "Spit it out."

Baekhyun smirks, his tongue flicking over his lip ring. "I want you to convince Jimin to join his father's bussiness."

You scoff. "Ha ha, no."

"Well, if you don't see the point..." He raises an eyebrow, his lips turning down at the corners in a mocking expression. "Let me illuminate the benefits of this further."

You frown slightly as he walks to the other end if the room, placing a hand on the board set up against one side for a makeshift bar. "If, imagine, this board is the police, and my fist is Jimin, who refuses to join us," He punches the board, making a hole into it. "Then this is what happens."

You're still a little shaken at how his fist went so cleanly through the board, but you manage a shaky nod. "How?"

"Oh, we have our ways." He smiles, and you see a hint of the snake in his eyes. "And Park Jimin has always been a headstrong young man."

You see a little more of his point, but are adamant on staying. "That's still better than mingling with a group of thugs who deal in drugs and murder."

"Is it?" His lips lift into a smirk. "When he comes out of jail, lost and with the belief that you left him-" You gasp. "-and that the only support he has is us?"

"I wouldn't leave him!" You say, horror seeping into your tone.

"I imagine you wouldn't." Baekhyun says smoothly. "But we can make him believe that. After all, we're a group of thugs that deal in murder."

You step back at his blunt implication, shaking your head. "You're a monster."

"Never said I wasn't, darling," He smiles, and once again, you see the poison behind the honey. "But then, I'm feeling merciful today, so you have time."

He waves his ring filled hand as he walks out the door, his gait smooth and soundless. "You have a month to decide."

|

"Get them!" Kai screams at the top of voice, his teeth bared in a snarl.

The sight would be pretty impressive and possibly intimidating...if he weren't buried in a dumpster.

How did it happen?

One word.

Taehyung.

The boy had bravely-if stupidly so-attacked Chen in one of his protective flares, which had ended up with a white-as-a-sheet Jungkook and a rolling-on-the-floor-with-a-bloody-nose Chen.

And how had that come around?

Jimin.

Apparently, while you were gone during your little tête-a-tête with Byun Baekhyun, the two groups had gotten into an argument. Baekhyun had managed to escape the brunt of it, as he exited through the emergency fire exit. You, on the other hand, had suffered the experience of walking into a dumb af fight scene.

Jungkook and Hoseok had been under the table, hanging on to each ither for dear life, the younger's face buried in the red-haired boy's chest. Jimin was having a sort-of catfight with Xiumin, both of the baby-faced boys attempting to pull each other's hair out. Taehyung, of course, victoriously standing over an injured Chen, while Suho and co. watched in absolute mortification-as Suga sang out the hokey pokey in a bad voice.

The first thing you had done was to facepalm.

That, in turn, had led to the fight being extended outside, where one half of the gang had escaped but the remaining remained (hehe). And that had turned to Jimin's fury being turned on Kai, for 'betraying the bro code', and which was how the latter had ended up in the dumpster.

Yoongi stares, curiously, down at the boy who is flailing in the trash. "Are you looking for your brain?" He asks, frowning.

Still wasted I see.

You can't help but laugh at the fact that he's still dissing him even while drunk.

Kai protests to preserve his dignity as the boys easily take the remaining of the four gang members, each ending up in their own dumpster. However, the dial tone from Chanyeol's phone tells you more trouble is on the way.

"Oh, for hell's sake," You drag the other boys out. "Come on."

Taehyung is still in fighter mode, childishly punching at the air. Jimin takes one look at him, and rolls his eyes.

"But, noona," Jungkook bites his lip, and you coo at the boy's adorable endearment. "What about Namjoon and Jin hyung?"

The company goes silent, except for Yoongi blissfully reciting 'Eyes, Nose, Lips'.

This time, it's Hoseok who facepalms.